madeline_jane
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi, I am currently finishing my UCAS personal statement and am unsure if I need to capitalize the A for architecture/architect. I think I do but I want to double check. I have looked online and I can't find a clear answer! Thanks in advance
AZ_97
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by madeline_jane)
Hi, I am currently finishing my UCAS personal statement and am unsure if I need to capitalize the A for architecture/architect. I think I do but I want to double check. I have looked online and I can't find a clear answer! Thanks in advance
Hi, yes, I think you do
SebastianMesser
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by madeline_jane)
It won't really make any difference to your UCAS statement, but I personally would capitalise the "A" in Architect as it is a legally-proscribed title. However, I wouldn't give architecture a capital "A".
Stewie2011
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
If its the name of something then capitalise I would say so definitely A for Architect. Architecture could be either I would have thought but it could look odd if you capitalise Architect and not Architecture. If your naming it as a subject then capitalise in which case I would capitalise all the way through to be consistent or it may look like you can't make up your mind or grammatical issues. Probably could be context related with Architecture but like I said safer and easier to stick to capital for Architecture throughout I would have thought.
madeline_jane
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Thanks everyone - think I will use capitals for both Architect and Architecture
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (706)
33.93%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (889)
42.72%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (393)
18.89%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (93)
4.47%

Watched Threads