Turn on thread page Beta

Cambridge or Oxford?? watch

• View Poll Results: Cambridge or Oxford??
    Cambridge
    39.67%
    Oxford
    60.33%

ReputationRep:
    Quite simple..

Taken from the IB vs A levels thread a while back. Notice the order of the two names in the title ( best one first, second best after). :p:

Cambridge or Oxford??

You decide

PS. I vote Cambridge because I'm applying there and they rule

In my opinion, Cambridge is slightly academically better, but Oxford would be the better exprience and has a better reputation

ReputationRep:
    wy in the IB subforum and erm yeah aside of that anyoen worthy of cambridge would appreciate that the best order would be alphabetical/in order of famousness/ in order of appearences in harry potter/ in order of those that offer PPE (the best course) / in order of those that have an x in their name...all of which place oxford at the top (H) yes i voted oxford :p:

ReputationRep:
    Cambridge

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jokeroid)
    oxbridge
    lol. Are you confused? Oxbridge is not Oxford. :p: Its short for Oxford and Cambridge.

Both are great Unis btw..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by andy_cole2)
    wy in the IB subforum and erm yeah aside of that anyoen worthy of cambridge would appreciate that the best order would be alphabetical/in order of famousness/ in order of appearences in harry potter/ in order of those that offer PPE (the best course) / in order of those that have an x in their name...all of which place oxford at the top (H) yes i voted oxford :p:
    I put it here because:

a) It was discussed in a thread ON this forum.
    b) We IBers have an opinion on these things.
    c) Usually stuff in this sub-forum is "Please help with my homework" which is highly irritating - we need a change.

Want any more reasons??

Go Cambridge!

Reverse alphabetical you mean, surely?

ReputationRep:
    oh yeah my bad :p:

ReputationRep:
    I prefer Oxford and that's why I have even applied to Oxford.

ReputationRep:
    Given that I can a few extremely important scientific discoveries made at Cambridge (the DNA, for example, plus a whole bunch of modern and/or astrophysics stuff), while I can't think of anything interesting with Oxford, given the choice of those two I would have chosen the former. But off the topic: I'm perfectly happy where I am

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Noobish)
    lol. Are you confused? Oxbridge is not Oxford. :p: Its short for Oxford and Cambridge.

Both are great Unis btw..
    Or they are not confused...just undecided...

ReputationRep:
    Cambridge all the way!!

ReputationRep:
    Which one has the most Pubs? Then i'll know which one to go. OR has the best looking girls, then i'll really go.

ReputationRep:
    lol *queue for dan's linky* lol there were some hot birds looking round when i was up there, but few actaullly going to the uni hmph but u never know

ReputationRep:
    Lol

Did somebody say Playboy Pav @ cambridge??? click

ReputationRep:
    hey dan good news all those girls are doing computer science... oh no WAIT

ReputationRep:
    hey dan good news all those girls are doing computer science... oh no WAIT
    hey andy, good news they go to oxford.. oh no WAIT :p:

ReputationRep:
    All oxford has is the reputation....if u look at their academics cambridge kicks oxford ass very badly. besides in some departments oxford can't even make it to top 10 in UK...so all that reputation isn't even worth it if ur not getting the best academics. many people/employers are fooled when they hear ppl r from oxford. in my opinion cambridge is much better - it givs u reputation as well as the highest level of education u deserve

ReputationRep:
    I agree with above poster in most of it... But Oxford tend to be really good in certain subjects (e.g. languages, social sciences and biochemistry), at least about the same level as Cambridge. But yeah my personal opinion is Cambridge all the way=)

ReputationRep:
    It depends really on the subjects u wanna do...really

I didn't apply to neither...Went for L101 Econ, got an offer, was my firm, and missed my grades... and LSE is TOP fro Econ and everyone knows it!!!!!!!

My choice: CAMBRIDGE, regret I didn't even try for it, my UCAS coordinator, said was a waste of time...

University open days

• Heriot-Watt University
    School of Textiles and Design Undergraduate
    Fri, 16 Nov '18
  • University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Applying to university
Uni match

Your perfect course is here

Let our match making tool match you up with your ideal uni

Make your revision easier

Study Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.