Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone agree that the prose and poetry extracts were abnormally long?

I have never seen such a long extract!

Is IB doing the opposite of A-Level and getting harder....? Therefore should Uni's take this into account?
    Let us Poll it!

Is P2 going to be as demanding in terms of questions?

ReputationRep:
    I thought English paper 1 was relatively easy. I did the prose but some people in my class did the poetry and it looked pretty easy too. I dont think they were all that long and if they were I think that makes it easier

ReputationRep:
    I didnt think the english paper 1 was all that hard either....and it wasnt extremely long compared to other papers....the prose was pretty straightforward.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FalconIBer)
    I thought English paper 1 was relatively easy. I did the prose but some people in my class did the poetry and it looked pretty easy too. I dont think they were all that long and if they were I think that makes it easier
    Yeah, I think the longer, the better...there is more to talk about that way...(:

ReputationRep:
    whatever
    english paper 1 (HL) was no harder than their usual low standard, and neither passage was abnormally long

ReputationRep:
    It was so weird that they used something so up to date and known, "Life of Pi". Usually they're little known weird things to make sure that no one's studied them for P2.
    I'm doing drama for P2 treetcar Named Desire, The Homecoming and Medea. Anyone doing something similar?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thegrogger)
    whatever
    english paper 1 (HL) was no harder than their usual low standard, and neither passage was abnormally long

eat a **** you ****ing presumptuous son of a *****, punk ass ******, and mother****ing hoe.

Yeah, I said that as a substitute for people who feel english HL is hard.

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    Christ's College Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Sep '18
  2. Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Sep '18
  3. Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Applying to university
Uni match

Your perfect course is here

Let our match making tool match you up with your ideal uni

Make your revision easier

Study Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.