The Student Room Group

What is love ????

I hear people buzzing me the same thing every day that I'm just 19 and doesn't know what's love .. arghh is there anyone over here who can explain what's love and how is it different from infatuation ?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Bump
Reply 2
Oh baby, don't hurt me
Don't hurt me no more
Original post by Reue
Oh baby, don't hurt me
Don't hurt me no more

Beat me to it XD
Crap. Delusional. Repulsive.
Original post by Sollom
I hear people buzzing me the same thing every day that I'm just 19 and doesn't know what's love .. arghh is there anyone over here who can explain what's love and how is it different from infatuation ?

Original post by abbiemac

I remember I posted a VM of that picture on your wall...

You never replied...

I cried...
Original post by ChrisLay1
I remember I posted a VM of that picture on your wall...

You never replied...

I cried...

So sorry Chrisy, this shall be fixed right away.
*Rolls up sleeves*
Reply 9
Original post by Sollom

Love is just an unexplained feeling which we place too much importance on. Actually that's a lie, it is very well-explained by evolutionary biology so basically it is a process within the amygdala of the brain which means that we have to enjoy being with and actively maintaining a relationship with a possible mate.
Original post by Reue
Oh baby, don't hurt me
Don't hurt me no more

Adam Lallana, Lallana, makes goals
Love is warmth,patient and kind
Elsa.
Original post by ChrisHemsworth
Elsa.

You Sir, Win.

Love to me is knowing someone has flaws and looking past them.... Sounds stupid but meh
Its a great feeling, it not only makes your day/week, it makes your life. :love::lovedup: They become your first and last thought everyday and you find yourself smiling about them without noticing. Your heart overdrives when you're near them and talking with them is like you have achieved everything you set out to do. ( as long as its a positive conversation of course:biggrin: ) Its beautifully entwined in your life, enlightening darkest hours and removing all your doubts....however, most of the time, it doesnt work out. :frown: Still, much better to try, live life like its your last. Every. Last. Day. :cool:
(edited 9 years ago)
Love isn't a feeling. It's a blanket term for many feelings such as infatuation, lust, attachment, dependence, etc., etc. At least, that's the way I see it. I imagine it like a house - there's different rooms for different purposes. Love is the house where the other things (infatuation, lust, etc.) are the rooms that make up the house.
Love is Shrek. Shrek is therefore Love. Shrek is Love. Shrek is Life.
Original post by somemightsay888
Love is Shrek. Shrek is therefore Love. Shrek is Love. Shrek is Life.

The most convoluted philosophy lesson I've ever encountered :s-smilie:
Original post by Eva.Gregoria
The most convoluted philosophy lesson I've ever encountered :s-smilie:

You're stalking my posts :erm: Don't lie, you know you want to be Shrekked
Original post by somemightsay888
You're stalking my posts :erm: Don't lie, you know you want to be Shrekked

Well you followed me yesterday, and I felt obligated to follow back. Not my fault for being polite :colonhash:

Quick Reply

Latest