The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Do you mean you've never paid £6 in Notts, or London? £6-7 is the most I've paid on a taxi

Notts. Yesterday we paid £8 and I know someone who paid £10.

between 5/6 people

Is that a fraction?:biggrin: Sometimes people just don't make it back in one piece...
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
i got my offer today:biggrin: BBC!!! so happy :biggrin:
Reply 42
really? BBC for what course? i have to get AAB for computer science w/ robotics
Reply 43
Tinkerbell123
AAA-BBC .. but im still scared:colondollar:

i still aint hurd from dem and some ppl have already got offers from notts on this forum so it got me worried! i got an offer from aston tho with them grades..but notts is still my first choice!

Hey, what did you get in your GCSEs?
Reply 44
the_oxygen

Is that a fraction?:biggrin: Sometimes people just don't make it back in one piece...

lol, those are the best nights!!:biggrin:
Reply 45
BBC offer for comp sci with A.I
i got an offer for computer sci and management! ABB. Nottingham is probably going to be my first/second choice. How are people doing the course at the moment finding it?
Reply 47
the halls at jubilee campus is quite excellent... =) how i wished i didnt live here in nottingham. i just been there today for one of their open days
Hell Boy
Hey, what did you get in your GCSEs?

i got 1A* 6B's and 2C's - but i did my GCSES in one year so i cuda done better if i had the 2 years like everyone else :frown:

i got the offer tho of BBC for Computer Science :biggrin: cant wait to go Notts :biggrin:
Reply 49
you are gonna love it - i'm finding the course quite tough but student life is the dogs.
Reply 50
Comp Sci at UoN is quite possibly rubbish! The dept focus far too much on research, and neglect the stuents. Also, they focus way too much on low-level stuff like binary and non-sensical maths. They say they offer a balanced curriculum, but it is no way blanaced with solving real world problems, only with systems design and engineering, programming and for some reason, timetabling programs. needless to say, im failing second year, and am not looking forward to my dissertation next year
Reply 51
dunkymunky
Comp Sci at UoN is quite possibly rubbish! The dept focus far too much on research, and neglect the stuents. Also, they focus way too much on low-level stuff like binary and non-sensical maths. They say they offer a balanced curriculum, but it is no way blanaced with solving real world problems, only with systems design and engineering, programming and for some reason, timetabling programs. needless to say, im failing second year, and am not looking forward to my dissertation next year

Have you been drinking? You're sounding fairly bitter in most of your posts tonight...
Reply 52
7 hours of meeting yesterday afternon, this president thingy, despite being banned, seems to be a full time job.roll on Xmas
Reply 53
CS at nottingham is relitavly good and the campus is 100 x better than alot of other Uni's.
I agree,the maths is very...strange,some of us think that alot of rolands words are made up...though we have been proved wrong quite a bit :s-smilie:.
Apart from rolands lectures,which i hate...alot,the course is great and thorsten is always amusing.
Reply 54
thorsten, gees that guy makes me laugh! Not got a clue about whatever he's teaching tho! check this out http://www.cs.nott.ac.uk/~txa/thorsten.html
Reply 55
ive received an offer from notts, its my 3rd choice after bristol and durham (no offers from either yet)
i didn't do A level maths but since they accepted me without it, im guessing i don't need it / will learn it there.
How heavy is the course on maths?
Which uni's did you all apply to other than nottingham?
Reply 56
yeah the maths they teach you is completely different to maths a level. i'm not sure how many maths modules you have per year, but i know we don't have one next semester. maybe it's just 1/year?

i applied to bristol, bath, warwick, soton and exeter.
Reply 57
Dills
i applied to bristol, bath, warwick, soton and exeter.

and you chose nottingham over bristol, bath and warwick? or did you not get in?
Reply 58
yeah i got in everywhere, the offer from bristol was CCC for me which i thought was well low. i realise those universities are ranked a lot higher in CS league tables and uni tables, but it wasn't all about how good various newspapers thought they were. after i'd seen uni park, jubilee campus etc i knew notts was right for me. the place is immense.
Reply 59
so where does everyone live? all on jubilee campus because its the closest?
i like the look of university campus, its a bout £700 cheaper than rooms at jubilee. im probably looking at catered accomodation.

Latest

Trending

Trending