Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi

I'm really stuck, I'm supposed to be starting my individual investigation soon, and I have to give a planning sheet in on Wednesday with all the chemicals and equipment I am going to need. However I'm finding it hard to do this as I have no idea what I am doing. I had a meeting with a teacher at school, and he suggested I do something with aspirin, which sounds fairly interesting, and I have an idea about this from What's In A Medicine. But I don't know what to do in relation to aspirin, he said I have to think of an aspect that interests me (??) and work out a title. I'm completely cofused, and my teachers are being useless as usual, they generally give us very little support. So basically has anyone done an individual investigation related to aspirin before, as its apparently a popular topic, and what sort of things did you investigate?

Thanks to anyone who replies, as I'm completely stuck at the moment!!

Marvinder

xxx

ReputationRep:
    Heyya i gotta do mine too.. with 10 pages of background knowledge.. i chose the decomposition of hydrogen peroxide catalase one.. but i aint got a clue what im doing.. can anyone help at all? It doesnt help that I have coursework in all my other subs too!

ReputationRep:
    I'm thinking i might make some of my own aspirin, and then compare it to aspirin I've bought in the shop. I could use several different methods of testing for impurities. Do you think this sounds like a good idea/along the right lines?

Thanks

Marvi

xxx

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: October 16, 2006

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.