The Student Room Group

Living in accommodation with shared bathroom but needing a poo?

How do yo deal with this dilemma? there are a couple of things you need to take into consideration

1. embarrassment of people smelling it.

2. having to poo when someone has left skid marks around the seat.

When I lived in shared accommodation Id take a dump in my room on newspaper or kitchen roll and either bin it in the outside bin or bring it to the bathroom and flush it.. for the whole year I must have took a dump on the toilet a max of twice.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Eeew. Just use the loo - that's what it's there for.

If necessary, invest in some cleaning products (bleach, air freshener - there should be a brush there). However, it shouldn't be that different to going to the loo at home...
Original post by Octohedral
Eeew. Just use the loo - that's what it's there for.

If necessary, invest in some cleaning products (bleach, air freshener - there should be a brush there). However, it shouldn't be that different to going to the loo at home...

clearly never lived in shared accommodation.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just go the toilet. It's really not that big of a deal.
Original post by Spacey Sprocket
clearly never lived in shared accommodation.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm living there now. And for the last four years.
You just beat the people who leave skid marks and ensure a good cleaning schedule that everyone sticks to. Simples.
How do yo deal with this dilemma? there are a couple of things you need to take into consideration

When I lived in shared accommodation Id take a dump in my room on newspaper or kitchen roll and either bin it in the outside bin or bring it to the bathroom and flush it.. for the whole year I must have took a dump on the toilet a max of twice.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lmao why on earth would you **** in your room?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Leave the door open as you do your business. Look your flatmates in the eye. Assert your dominance
LOL

I take pride in pooing in my shared accommodation toilet.
Original post by llamaspoon
Just go the toilet. It's really not that big of a deal.

It clearly is a big deal.. what if you live with a hot girl?
Original post by Octohedral
I'm living there now. And for the last four years.

says you
Original post by Jamiesonn
Lmao why on earth would you **** in your room?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I explained why..

Posted from TSR Mobile
It clearly is a big deal.. what if you live with a hot girl?Posted from TSR Mobile

Well why not buy air freshener for the toilet to solve your problem?
DO NOT buy air freshener. The only thing worse than the smell of somebody elses poop is the smell of somebody else's flowery poop.
Open the window.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by miscounted_time
DO NOT buy air freshener. The only thing worse than the smell of somebody elses poop is the smell of somebody else's flowery poop.
Open the window.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I advised air freshener since we don't actually have a window in our bathroom... I thought others might be in the same situation.
Original post by llamaspoon
I advised air freshener since we don't actually have a window in our bathroom... I thought others might be in the same situation.

Most of these spray air fresheners are very sharp and strong, enough to sting your throat, and they don't mask the poop smell at all. Spraying air freshener is usually just adding an even more unpleasant smell to an already unpleasant smell.

Better just to let it air out. I'm surprised you don't have a fan vent in a bathroom that lacks a window, those are usually installed to stop steam building up on the walls and prevent mould.

Everyone poops I don't see what the big deal is. Even if there's a "hot" girl I'm sure she knows that guys poop at least as much as she does.
Original post by Powpowpowpowpow
Even if there's a "hot" girl I'm sure she knows that guys poop at least as much as she does.

Don't be silly, hot girls don't poop. Next you'll be telling me that they also use the internet.
Original post by Sabertooth
Don't be silly, hot girls don't poop. Next you'll be telling me that they also use the internet.

I guarantee hot girls are so discreet with pooing you never catch them at it. If I saw a hotty go to the bathroom then comeout 15 mins later, id walk in and sniff to see if she took a dump, if yes id not find her attractive and tbh be disgusted.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Foo.mp3
Blimey. How strange. A healthy/high fibre diet helps minimise related issues OP, along with flushing quick and scrupulous use of toilet brush :h:

smh you're missing the point as well as not seeing the bigger picture. Seriously is there not anyone on here who can get with me on an intellectual level?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18

Posted from TSR Mobile

Overtime, locate a toilet you can use in privacy somewhere else on campus if your living on campus at a time and place you know lots of people won't be coming in and out, like near a lecture hall maybe. To stop the smell flush and close the seat right after she lands🚀
(edited 9 months ago)
Reply 19
Original post by Amana2
Honestly it would probably be best to, overtime, locate a toilet you can use in privacy somewhere else on campus if your living on campus. To stop the smell flush and close the seat right after she lands🚀

This thread is 8 years old!!

Latest