Virginity! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Btw, yes, the CoE is against pre-marital sex :P

ReputationRep:
    Everyone seems to frown on it, from the religious fraternity

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    a quick question. How do girls see a guy who is a virgin? I was told by someone that its more respectable but at the same time I can't help but think it would be seen as a laughing point or as some area of inadequacy. And what about if you did get into some heat of the moment thing, how understandable are girls going to be if lets say you cannot preform to their expectations?!
    I find it attractive in a guy to be a virgin if I'm being honest. Don't get me wrong, I like (and would consider dating) guys who've lost it, but I do find it attractive. Probably because I'm a virgin myself :p:

Saying that, it would take a really special guy to put up with me - I don't intend on losing it any time soon, and would prefer to wait until marriage. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blackswan)
    I always say, at least you know virgins are clean:p: I think virgins are cute for some odd reason, maybe awkwardness is a turn on for me or something. and all guys stress over these 'expectations' But for your first time or couple I'm sure any decent female wouldn't care that much. She may not be as good/ready either ya know. Stress less
    How can you say Virgins are clean, there are other ways to become "dirty" (sticking with the clean/dirty reference to STI's) you do know that right!

It's a silly frame of mind to think that because someone is a virgin that they will be "clean" and if you likve by that then you may be in for a shock!!

ReputationRep:
    17 and 12 days! We had only been together a few days and we broke up less than a month later but I don't regret it at all. He was a really great guy and at the time I was sure that he was the right person and that we would stay together for a long time. We broke up for the wrong reasons - stupid reasons - and thats why I don't regret it.

ReputationRep:
    I lost it when I was 19 to my manager at work. I always said that I would wait till I was in a relationship but alcohol and lust changed the plan. I previously regretted it but now I don't coz I really liked the guy and still have fond memories of him now! I wasn't hurt by the whole experiance because I knew it was just a summer thing!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by estel)
    Btw, yes, the CoE is against pre-marital sex :P
    No, it's not. I'm pretty sure it's not.

ReputationRep:
    They do frown on it, sex is supposed to be the way married couples show their affection for each other

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mynameiscal)
    They do frown on it, sex is supposed to be the way married couples show their affection for each other
    have read it several times on the net they are not

ReputationRep:
    I was 14 i dont regret it as i was with him for 2 years.
    But i do wish id have waited until my current boyfriend, i love him so much more.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mel*~)
    have read it several times on the net they are not
    The Anglican church definitely frowns on it, as a denomination, and many vicars refuse to baptise children of unmarried parents

ReputationRep:
    The Anglican church definitely frowns on it, as a denomination, and many vicars refuse to baptise children of unmarried parents
    oh...what I read were quotes from an archbishop I think and some other supposedly 'official' reports, some time back.

ReputationRep:
    Ah yeah, he's definitely more liberal than the official stance...he watched the Simpsons:p:

ReputationRep:
    Ah yeah, he's definitely more liberal than the official stance...he watched the Simpsons:p:
    :confused: huh?

ReputationRep:
    The archbishop watches the simpsons

ReputationRep:
    The archbishop watches the simpsons
    lol no I got that. What I meant was that surely what he says reflects the Church's stance?

ReputationRep:
    Not necessarily, he's for openly gay bishops - but if he made it part of the rules, it'd split the church

ReputationRep:
    16, and I regret nothing about it

ReputationRep:
    Not necessarily, he's for openly gay bishops - but if he made it part of the rules, it'd split the church
    oh didn't know that bit.
    I also read another report quite a while back which said the Church was okay with pre-marital sex and that it was never looked upon as a sin.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=mynameiscal]The Anglican church definitely frowns on it, as a denomination, and many vicars refuse to baptise children of unmarried parents[/QUOTE]
    !!
    as strict as catholicism!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 7, 2010
Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.