The University of Buckingham
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hello everyone,

I thought I would introduce myself, I am Becky and I will be the University Rep on here.

I'll be here to help out with any queries or questions you have, so feel free to send me a message or ask my help on anything University of Buckingham related.

Have a great weekend

Becky
Nadir Gamer
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi,
I am interested in the BA in English Language and Communication Studies (EFL) and would like to know which modules of the course are the core ones and which are electives. There seems to be no such information for this particular course.
Nadir Gamer
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Well, it's here after all, in the handbook. but it wasn't apparent like other courses where all info is available on the course page.
helloceecee
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by The University of Buckingham)
Hello everyone,

I thought I would introduce myself, I am Becky and I will be the University Rep on here.

I'll be here to help out with any queries or questions you have, so feel free to send me a message or ask my help on anything University of Buckingham related.

Have a great weekend

Becky

Hey Becky! I'd like to know if the university feels very british student body wise? I know there are international students but it seems like the percentage is small

Also I am enrolling on Business and Management and I was wondering how serious are the career services at Buckingham? In regards to CV and interview preps, job searches etc?
Rep:
?
(Original post by Nadir Gamer)
Hi,
I am interested in the BA in English Language and Communication Studies (EFL) and would like to know which modules of the course are the core ones and which are electives. There seems to be no such information for this particular course.
Hi Nadir,

So sorry for the late reply to this -still figuring my way around this forum properly.

I've just been in touch with the English Department and will get back to you as soon as possible.

Kind Regards & have a lovely weekend

Becky
Rep:
?
(Original post by helloceecee)
Hey Becky! I'd like to know if the university feels very british student body wise? I know there are international students but it seems like the percentage is small

Also I am enrolling on Business and Management and I was wondering how serious are the career services at Buckingham? In regards to CV and interview preps, job searches etc?
Hi!

Our campus is very international - we have students from over 100 different countries here, it's a great mix and as we're so small, you get to interact with students from all over, very easily. You can see our current stats here: http://www.buckingham.ac.uk/about/factsandfigures

We've got a great career's service, and again, as we're such a small University, you'll get lots of support and attention from them, but also from your school. Our alumni are some of the best (I suppose we are biased!) but are a very close knit community, and are always happy to support fellow alums, so that's another plus of being here - and with our alumni all over the world, you'll have great connections wherever you go.

I hope that answers your questions for you, but do feel free to get back to me with anything else you'd like to know!

We've also got a 'chat with us' service, where you can live chat with us online, Monday - Friday 9-5. If you just visit www.buckingham.ac.uk you'll see the 'chat with us' box.

Best wishes & have a wonderful weekend!

Becky
helloceecee
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi!

Our campus is very international - we have students from over 100 different countries here, it's a great mix and as we're so small, you get to interact with students from all over, very easily. You can see our current stats here: http://www.buckingham.ac.uk/about/factsandfigures

We've got a great career's service, and again, as we're such a small University, you'll get lots of support and attention from them, but also from your school. Our alumni are some of the best (I suppose we are biased!) but are a very close knit community, and are always happy to support fellow alums, so that's another plus of being here - and with our alumni all over the world, you'll have great connections wherever you go.

I hope that answers your questions for you, but do feel free to get back to me with anything else you'd like to know!

We've also got a 'chat with us' service, where you can live chat with us online, Monday - Friday 9-5. If you just visit www.buckingham.ac.uk you'll see the 'chat with us' box.

Best wishes & have a wonderful weekend!

Becky

Thanks a lot for your reply Becky! I do have another question- I am 24 years old and wondering if the age gap will be significant ? I know people say age doesn't matter but I have been to University where I was older and it really did matter to me, I found myself being way too mature for the people around me and it was a bit frustrating. I only found one stat that said 48% of students at Buckingham are over 21 but that was including master's students. What would you say the percentage of mature students is approx for undergrads?
Nadir Gamer
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi Nadir,

So sorry for the late reply to this -still figuring my way around this forum properly.

I've just been in touch with the English Department and will get back to you as soon as possible.

Kind Regards & have a lovely weekend

Becky
Thanks. Please also tell me if (and where) it's possible to get more info on the modules of the course because many module names on the course page are not clickable links.

Thanks a lot for your reply Becky! I do have another question- I am 24 years old and wondering if the age gap will be significant ? I know people say age doesn't matter but I have been to University where I was older and it really did matter to me, I found myself being way too mature for the people around me and it was a bit frustrating. I only found one stat that said 48% of students at Buckingham are over 21 but that was including master's students. What would you say the percentage of mature students is approx for undergrads?
I am also 24 years old and would like to get an idea of that.
Rep:
?
I would say at Buckingham the age gap is really not a big issue and you will fit in easily, we have lots of societies here and so there's usually something for everyone. We have lots of mature students here (Even had a 90 year old graduate!) and as we have a 2 year degree, we do attract a lot of mature students, and have more mature students than most UK universities.

According to Which? University, 59% of students are mature students. http://university.which.co.uk/univer...buckingham-b90

Let me know if there's anything else I can help with.

Best wishes

Becky
Rep:
?
(Original post by Nadir Gamer)
Thanks. Please also tell me if (and where) it's possible to get more info on the modules of the course because many module names on the course page are not clickable links.

Hi Nadir, sorry you can't find the information you are looking for. I've passed this on to our web team so it's on the list of things to do!

The English Department have advised that it would be best for them to email the information to you, are you able to send me your email address? (perhaps in a private message) I can then send this on to you. Alternatively you could email [email protected] - Nancy is the Admissions Assistant for English and if you just ask your question again to her, she will be able to get back to you.

If you have any problems, do let me know.

Best wishes

Becky
helloceecee
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I would say at Buckingham the age gap is really not a big issue and you will fit in easily, we have lots of societies here and so there's usually something for everyone. We have lots of mature students here (Even had a 90 year old graduate!) and as we have a 2 year degree, we do attract a lot of mature students, and have more mature students than most UK universities.

According to Which? University, 59% of students are mature students. http://university.which.co.uk/univer...buckingham-b90

Let me know if there's anything else I can help with.

Best wishes

Becky

Becky, I've started classes at Buckingham and i love this place! Indeed tons of mature and international students, I fit right in!
Rep:
?
Becky, I've started classes at Buckingham and i love this place! Indeed tons of mature and international students, I fit right in!
I am so glad to hear this! Really pleased you are enjoying it. Best of luck with your studies and hope you have a great time here!
bhanavi786
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hello everyone,

Have a great weekend

Becky
Hi Becky!
I am Bhanavi. I am currently doing my A Levels and live in Bahrain. I want to apply to the University of Buckingham for medicine and I was so excited to see this thread as I had a few questions.
Can you just tell me a little bit about the application procedure, the university, the area?
I was thinking off sending my application after my exams (mid-June) for Jan'16. Is that too late (will my chances go down?) as it is anyway such a competitive course. What do you advice I do?
I hope to hear from you soon!
Bhanavi
James E Walker
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Have you ever gotten students into a career within Investment Banking earning £50k+ upon graduation?
iam_masahiro
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hello,
I'm considering applying to the University of Buckingham but I have a few doubts. The school happens to be one of the few schools that offer the Fast Track program and that's the main thing attracting me to it. I'm US citizen and I would appreciate if anyone can give me a little information about the school. Like is it respected in terms of education? Is it a good school? How does it compete with the likes of Staffordshire, Northampton?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Buckingham
    Undergraduate Open Evening Undergraduate
    Thu, 7 Nov '19
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 25 Apr '20
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 11 Jul '20

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (11)
6.15%
They might tell the bully (18)
10.06%
I don't think they'd understand (30)
16.76%
It might lead to more bullying (69)
38.55%
There's nothing they could do (51)
28.49%

Watched Threads

Latest