AJ's Sequel-Saturated Winter Anime Preview 2015

Watch this thread
AngryJellyfish
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
It's winter, it's so cold I can hardly type, and intermittent hailstorms keep making my internet connection drop. What better time to put together next season's preview thread? :p: I'm looking to pick up a lot less this time around, which shouldn't be difficult judging by the lineup, but there's some potentially great series hidden in there if you look hard enough.

(These series are all due to air in the first few weeks of January. If you're looking for something to watch between now and then, maybe check last season's preview thread for some ideas!)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Absolute Duo

Genre: Ecchi, Romance, Supernatural
Animation Studio: 8bit
Japanese Airdate: Dec 28, 2014
Seiyuu: Imamura Ayaka, Matsuoka Yosh
ítsugu, Suwa Ayaka
Director: Nakayama Atsushi (Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha: The Movie 1st)

(Original post by Summary:)
Blaze is a weapon that is the manifestation of a human's soul. Kokonoe Tooru happens to be qualified for this, but for some reason his Blaze is not a weapon, but a shield. Moreover, he enrolled in a school that teaches combat skills, and thanks to the school's Duo partner system, he ends up living with a beautiful silver-haired girl.
Battle harem! I've always found these kinds of show at least somewhat more entertaining than their non-battle counterparts, but can't see this making my shortened list. Absolutely nothing there that makes is stand out so far.

Aldnoah.Zero 2

Genre: Action, Mecha, Sci-Fi
Animation Studio: A-1 Pictures
Japanese Airdate: Jan 11, 2015
Seiyuu: Hanae Natsuki, Ono Kenshou, Amamiya Sora
Director: Aoki Ei (Fate/Zero, Hourou Musuko, Ga-Rei: Zero)

Second season of Aldnoah.Zero, announced at the end of the first season.
The first series was one of my favourite anime of the year... maybe not so much for its plot or characters, but certainly in terms of animation and music! I haven't a clue what direction it'll take after that cliffhanger ending, but look forward to finding out.

Ansatsu Kyoushítsu

Genre: Action, Comedy, Supernatural
Animation Studio: Lerche
Japanese Airdate: Jan 10, 2015
Seiyuu: Fukuyama Jun, Fuchigami Mai,Okamoto Nobuhiko
Director: Kishi Seiji (Angel Beats!, Hamatora The Animation, Jinrui wa Suitai Shima
shìta)

The students of class 3-E have a mission: kill their teacher before graduation. He has already destroyed the moon, and has promised to destroy the Earth if he can not be killed within a year. But how can this class of misfits kill a tentacled monster, capable of reaching Mach 20 speed, who may be the best teacher any of them have ever had?
One of the few new series I'm really looking forward to! Last Spring's school/assassin themed series Akuma no Riddle ended up as a bit of a disappointment, but this one seems a lot more comedic (despite the threat of the destruction of the world). :p:

Binan Koukou Chikyuu Bouei-bu Love!

Genre: Comedy, Magic, Slice of Life
Animation Studio: Diomedea
Japanese Airdate: Jan 7, 2015
Seiyuu: Mugihito, Shirai Yuusuke, Yamamoto Kazutomi
Director: Takamatsu Shinji (Gintama, Ixion Saga DT, School Rumble)

The story centers on the five students in the Boeibu/Defense Club (aka "a club to do nothing") at the Binan High School. Involving the battle between the two mysterious creatures came from the outer space, they have to fight against Seifukubu/Conquest Club (Student Council), as the successors to the throne "Battle Lovers."
Despite my initial amusement when I heard about this series, I did wonder whether it would be too much of a guilty pleasure to justify picking up when I'm supposed to be cutting down my viewing. But then I found out that Mugihito is voicing Wombat, so this makes my list!

Death Parade

Genre: Game, Psychological, Tragedy
Animation Studio: Madhouse
Seiyuu: Maeno Tomoaki, Hosoya Yoshimasa, Seto Asami
Director: Tachikawa Yuzuru (Death Billiards, Arata naru Sekai: Mirai-hen)

"Welcome to Queen Dekim" What greets two unsuspecting guests is a strange bar, Queen Dekim, and the white-haired bartender, Dekim. "From here you two shall begin a battle where your lives hang in the balance," he says to introduce the Death Game. Before long the guests' true natures become apparent. As a matter of course, at the game's end Dekim is revealed to be the "arbiter." Dekim's judgement on the two guests is...
I was holding off on posting my preview thread too early, in case this got belatedly announced as a Winter series, and it did! I've not seen the Anime Mirai short this is based on, but as a fan of high-stakes gaming anime this appeals to me greatly.

Dog Days''

Genre: Action, Adventure, Magic
Animation Studio: Seven Arcs
Seiyuu: Horie Yui, Miyano Mamoru, Koshimizu Ami
Director: Nishimura Junji (Fuujin Monogatari, Glasslip, Simoun)

Third season of Dog Days. It takes place two to three months after the second season during fall vacation.
The first series didn't do much for me, and I didn't watch the second, so I'll be giving this a miss. I can sorta see why it's proven popular enough to get a third series though, with its light-hearted action and animal ears galore. :p:

Durarara!!x2 Shou

Genre: Action, Mystery, Supernatural
Animation Studio: Studio Shuka
Seiyuu: Sawashiro Miyuki, Miyano Mamoru, Toyonaga Toshiyuki
Director: Oomori Takahiro (Baccano!, Hyper Police, Samurai Flamenco)

First cour of Durarara!!'s second season.
So the second series is going to be in three parts, that together with the first series will make up the entirety of the first act? That's going to mess with my OCD... but who cares, more Durarara!! I'm currently rewatching the 2010 series, which has rekindled my interest a lot.

Isuca

Genre: Action, Ecchi, Supernatural
Animation Studio: Arms
Japanese Airdate: Jan 24, 2015
Seiyuu: Koumoto Keisuke, Kido Ibuki, Sadohara Kaori
Director: Iwanaga Akira (Tegami Bachi, Kingdom 2nd Season, Corpse Party: Missing Footage)

Shinichirou decides to look for a job in order to pay his rent, and his teacher suggests that he work for someone at their house,doing housekeeping. However, the person who hired him was Sakuya, a girl who is the 37th head of the Shimazu family, and her job is to exorcise and eliminate unwanted creatures. Shinichirou accidentally releases one of the creatures that Sakuya captures and they cooperate to catch it. A story of comedic creature hunting begins!
Ecchi creature hunting! :hmmmm2: Nothing new from Arms here. Having a random catgirl isn't going to be enough this season to make me want to watch this... probably.

JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Stardust Crusaders 2

Genre: Action, Adventure, Shounen
Animation Studio: David Production
Japanese Airdate: Jan 2015
Seiyuu: Fukuen Misato, Ono Daisuke, Komatsu Fuminori
Director: Tsuda Naokatsu (Inu x Boku SS, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (2012))

The continuation will adapt the Egyptian phase of the battle against Dio.
It should really go without saying that I'll be watching this. Looking forward to seeing Iggy's debut a great deal.

Junketsu no Maria

Genre: Ecchi, Fantasy, Historical
Animation Studio: Production I.G
Seiyuu: Kanemoto Hisako, Hanazawa Kana, Hikasa Youko
Director: Taniguchi Goro (Planetes, Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch, Gun x Sword)

The story follows Maria, the most powerful witch who lives during the Hundred Years' War in France. She despises war, so she obstructs battles with her strong magical powers. Her meddling with her succubus Artemis and incubus Priapos has caught the attention of the heavens, and so the Archangel Michael issues an edict. When Maria loses her virginity, she will also lose her magical powers. A beautiful angel named Ezekiel is supposed to watch Maria and make sure the witch does not use magic in front of people, but Maria continues to use magic anyways.
Among all the magical ecchi shows this season, this shows the most potential for actually being good, IMO. Interesting setting, top studio and director... but I don't think I can fit it in my list this season. Chances are I'll come back to it later, unless I hear bad things.

Juuou Mujin no Fafnir

Genre: Fantasy, Romance, School
Japanese Airdate: Jan 9, 2015
Seiyuu: Hidaka Rina, Numakura Manami, Matsuoka Yosh
ítsugu
Director: Kusakawa Keizou (Campione!, Dog Days, Ro-Kyu-Bu!)

In the "unlimited school battle action" story, the world was transformed by the sudden appearance of monsters known collectively as dragons. Before long, girls known as "D" were born with the dragons' powers. A boy named Yuu Mononobe is the world's only male "D," although his existence is kept secret. He is forced to enroll into Midgar, a school for "D" girls, where he see a female student Iris naked. Moreover, he is reunited with his long-separated little sister Mitsuki.
Among all the magical ecchi shows this season, this shows the least potential for actually being good, IMO. 'Only boy in an all girl's school' has been done to death. Still, at least the synopsis wastes no time in telling you it's going to be about random naked scenes and potentially incest.

Kamisama Hajimemashíta◎

Genre: Supernatural, Fantasy, Romance
Animation Studio: TMS Entertainment
Japanese Airdate: Jan 6, 2015
Seiyuu: Mimori Suzuko, Tachibana Shinnosuke, Morishima Shuuta
Director: Daichi Akitarou (Fruits Basket, Yousei Hime Ren, Kazemakase Tsukikage Ran)

Season two of Kamisama Hajimemashíta.
Once again, I didn't watch the first series, so won't be watching this. I've gotten my fix of silver-haired bishounen fox deities from this season's Gugure! Kokkuri-san anyway.

Kantai Collection: Kan Colle

Genre: Action, Sci-Fi, Military
Japanese Airdate: Jan 8, 2015
Seiyuu: Uesaka Sumire, Fujita Saki, Iguchi Yuka
Director: Kusakawa Keizou (Asura Cryin', Akuma no Riddle, Genei wo Kakeru Taiyou)

The base for the fleet arrayed against the "deep sea fleet" is Chinjufu. There, many various Kan-musume have gathered to live together and work hard everyday in training and other matters. One day, a Kan-musume arrives at Chinjufu, She is a special class of destroyer. Her name is Fubuki. "I am Fubuki! Nice to meet you!" Fubuki's story — as well as the Kan-musume's story — begins now.
His name is AngryJellyfish. "I am AngryJellyfish! Nice to meet you!" :indiff: Anyway... looks like this is actually airing this season! It seems very popular, judging by the amount of fan-art, but it just looks like Strike Witches in the ocean to me.

Koufuku Graffiti

Genre: Comedy, Seinen, Food
Animation Studio: SHAFT
Seiyuu: Satou Rina, Oogame Asuka, Komatsu Mikako
Director: Simbou Akiyuki (Arakawa Under the Bridge, Le Portrait de Petit Cossette, Hidamari Sketch)

The story follows Ryou, a middle school girl who lives by herself. She has a knack for cooking, and she makes friendships with everyone through her food. The cooking manga is "full of detailed cuisine art to whet the appetite and slightly erotic meal scenes." The "koufuku" in the title is a wordplay on two Japanese homonyms — one which means "happiness," and another that means "appetite."
I've seen plenty of fun 'food reaction' images taken from the manga, scenes which will only get weirder with Shaft/Simbo involved, but aside from that there's not a lot drawing me in here. Again, I may come back to this if I hear it's amazing.

Kuroko no Basket 3

Animation Studio: Production I.G
Seiyuu: Ono Kenshou, Ono Yuuki, Saitou Chiwa
Director: Tada Shunsuke (Bungaku Shoujo, Seikoku no Dragonar, World Destruction: Sekai Bokumetsu no Rokunin)

The third season of Kuroko no Basket.
Well I've now seen the first series, thanks to my A-P Secret Santa! Unfortunately, I doubt I'll have enough time to watch the second in time for this, so I'll be saving both for a future anime marathon.

Rolling☆Girls

Genre: ?
Animation Studio: Wit Studio
Seiyuu: Taneda Risa, Hidaka Rina, Ozawa Ari
Director: Deai Kotomi (Gin no Saji 2nd Season)

Ten years after the Great Tokyo War, each prefecture in Japan has split up into independent nations. Each nation is ruled by a prophet called "Mosa" and an army called "Mob" as they start to compete to take over other countries. Four "Mob" girls from the Saitama clan, Nozomi, Yukina, Ai, and Chiaya, are ordered by their "Mosa" to travel around Japan riding their motorcycles to mediate multiple battles between nations and clans as they emerge.
Here's a show I overlooked until now... gang warfare post-Great Tokyo War sure looks fun! I'm definitely intrigued, but not sure I'll have space for it in my tiny list.

Saenai Heroine no Sodate-kata

Genre: Romance, Slice of Life, Comedy
Seiyuu: Matsuoka Yosh
ìtsugu, Kayano Ai, Oonishi Saori
Director: Kamei Kanta (Ryuugajou Nanana no Maizoukin, Usagi Drop, Ore no Kanojo to Osananajimi ga Shuraba Sugiru)

The life of Tomoyo Aki, a highschool otaku working part time to support his BD hording. With remarkable luck, he bumps head-first into, Megumi Kato, the most beautiful girl he has ever seen. Naturally, the meeting twists his life into a complicated torrent of relationships. Eriri Spencer Sawamura, his half-foreigner childhood friend who’s always valued her relationship with MC. Kasumigaoka Utaha, a cold, composed renowned literary genius who shoves everyone aside from our protagonist. What is this? An eroge introduction?
Judging by the fact that the show's own synopsis is the one asking that question, I'm guessing it isn't going to pan out like a generic eroge? Also, it's in the noitaminA slot. But with nothing else about this show jumping out at me, I'll give it a miss for now.

Seiken Tsukai no World Break

Genre: Action, Fantasy, Romance
Japanese Airdate: Jan 12, 2015
Seiyuu: Ishikawa Kaito, Taketatsu Ayana, Yuuki Aoi
Director: Inagaki Takayuki (Sunabouzu, Rosario to Vampire, Koharu Biyori)

The story is set in a private high school that brings together "saviors," youths with awakened memories from past lives. Some of them are Shirogane who fight enemies with weapons and techniques gleaned from the Puraana powers from their own bodies. Others are Kuroma who wipe out enemies, with magic to manipulate the Maana powers that surpass physics. A boy named Moroha Haimura enrolls in this school. He is the first person in history with past lives of both Shirogane and Kuroma.
MEH. There are worse looking shows this season, but there are also much better ones. I'll be sticking to them.

Sengoku Musou

Genre: Action, Historical, Samurai
Animation Studio: Tezuka Productions
Japanese Airdate: Jan 12, 2015
Seiyuu: Ono Daisuke, Kusao Takeshi, Nagashima Yuuko
Director: Ochi Koujin (Kin`iro no Chord: Primo Passo, Meitantei Conan: 10 Nengo no Stranger)

Toyotomi Hideyoshi is on the verge of unifying the realm, and all that remains is the Odawara Castle protected by the "Lion of Sagami" Ujiyasu Houjou. Hideyoshi's personally trained generals — Ishida Mitsunari, Katou Kiyomasa, and Fukushima Masanori — as well as Ōtani Yoshítsugu, Shima Sakon, and Naoe Kanetsugu are all on the frontline of the battle. Amidst the battle formation are the two young warriors of the Sanada household: older brother Nobuyuki and younger brother Yukimura. As the stalemate begins to break down, Sanada Yukimura rides on a lone horse into the fray. His brother follows him right after.
Unusually, I've actually played one of the Sengoku Musou games (under the oh so generic English title of 'Samurai Warriors') on my short-lived PSP. Can't see this being as fun as Sengoku BASARA, though.

Shinmai Maou no Keiyakusha

Genre: Action, Ecchi, Fantasy
Animation Studio: Production IMS
Japanese Airdate: Jan 8, 2015
Seiyuu: Nakamura Yuuichi, Bridcutt Sarah Emi, Fukuhara Kaori
Director: Saitou Hisashi (Sora no Otoshimono, Fantasista Doll, Bamboo Blade)

“Hey, you said you wanted a sister, right?” First year highschool student, Toujo Basara, was suddenly asked by his father and fell into a state of panic. On top of that, the eccentric father told him he will be getting remarried. He then departed overseas after bringing Basara two beautiful step-sisters. But Mio and Maria’s true forms are actually the newbie Demon Lord and a succubus!? Basara was almost entered into a master and servant contract with Mio, but a “reversed” contract was formed by mistake, and Basara is now the master!? Moreover, Basara is being hit by ecchi situation one after another due to the contract, but Mio’s life is being pursued by other demon tribes and hero tribes!! The most powerful contractor’s desire action drama begins!
The main character's name is Basara? That aside, I'm really not interested in this 'desire action drama', whatever one of those is.

Shounen Hollywood: Holly Stage for 50

Genre: Music, Shoujo, Slice of Life
Animation Studio: Zexcs
Seiyuu: Yamash
ìta Daiki, Kakihara Tetsuya, Oosaka Ryouta
Director: ?

Second Season of Shounen Hollywood: Holly Stage for 49.
While a more realistic series about a male idol group did pique my curiosity, I eventually gave the first series a miss. Not enough sparkles for me.

Soukyuu no Fafner: Dead Aggressor - Exodus

Genre: Drama, Mecha, Sci-Fi
Animation Studio: Xebec Zwei
Seiyuu: Ishii Makoto, Kiyasu Kouhei, Arai Satomi
Director: Habara Nobuyoshi (D.N.Angel, Break Blade, Choujuu Kishin Dancougar)

Sequel to Soukyuu no Fafner: Dead Aggressor, set two years after Heaven and Earth.
The long awaited sequel to that popular series that I still haven't gotten around to watching... so much anime, so little time.

Tantei Opera Milky Holmes TD

Genre: Comedy, Mystery, Super Power
Animation Studio: J.C. Staff
Japanese Airdate: Jan 3, 2015
Seiyuu: Sasaki Mikoi, Nanjou Yoshino, Nitta Emi
Director: Nishikiori Hiroshi (Azumanga Daioh, Tenshi ni Narumon!, Trinity Seven)

There have been many cases of stolen songs happening among the idols in Yokohama District recently. Even super idol Marine Amagi's hit song "Kiseki no Uta" was taken away. At the request of Marine, the Milky Holmes team starts investigating the case.
Is this the 4th series? I lose count. :o: I've not seen any of them though, so yet another sequel of little interest to me.

THE [email protected]: Cinderella Girls

Genre: Comedy, Music, Slice of Life
Seiyuu: Igarashi Hiromi, Yamamoto Nozomi, Matsuzaki Rei
Director: Takao Noriko (Saint☆Onii-san)

Based on the [email protected] mobile game Cinderella Girls.
The trailer has its own A-P entry, so have a free 2 minutes towards your life spent on anime. :p: Anyway, I watched the first A-1 Pictures [email protected] anime earlier this year and really liked it; but since I'm picking up less this season, I'll likely skip Cinderella Girls. Call me when they adapt SideM...

Tokyo Ghoul √A

Genre: Mystery, Horror, Supernatural
Animation Studio: Studio Pierrot
Seiyuu: Hanae Natsuki, Kugimiya Rie, Amamiya Sora
Director: Morita Shuuhei (Koi Sento, Freedom, Kakurenbo)

Second Season of Tokyo Ghoul series.
Yet another sequel... I'll have this one, though! The first series ended in a ridiculous place part-way through an arc, so it'll be good to see it continued.

Yoru no Yatterman

Genre: ?
Animation Studio: Tatsunoko Productions
Seiyuu: Hirata Hiroaki, Miyake Kenta, Kitamura Eri
Director: Yoshihara Tatsuya (Namiuchigiwa no Muromi-san, Arve Rezzle: Kikaijikake no Yousei-tachi)

New Yatterman series to commemorate the 40th anniversary of Tatsunoko's Time Bokan series.

A girl is looking at a remote island on the ocean named The Yatter Kingdom, a country that is said to be ruled by the hero Yatterman. The girl wants to ask the Yattermans for some help to cure her sick mother and decides to venture to the kingdom. She gets kicked out from the kingdom though and her mother dies without receiving any help.

Under Dokurobei, the boss of the Dorombo thieves that existed, lies a beauty named Doronjo. The two men, Boyacky and Tonzura, worked under Doronjo but got kicked out from the Yatter Kingdom along with the Doronbo thieves as they lost a fight against the Yatterman. This is the new generation of Dorombo—Doronjo, Boyacky, Tonzura, and new Yatterman—a story of the birth of Gan-chan and Ai-chan.
More of a re-imagining that a sequel or remake by the looks of things. I've only seen the live action Yatterman film, and the Dorombo group were probably my favourite characters... and now it looks like they're the protagonists? I'll be keeping an eye on this!

Yuri Kuma Arashi

Genre: Shoujo Ai
Animation Studio: Silver Link
Japanese Airdate: Jan 6, 2015
Seiyuu: Arakawa Miho, Ikuta Yoshiko, Yamane Nozomi
Director: Ikuhara Kunihiko (Shoujo Kakumei Utena, Mawaru Penguindrum, Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon S)

The "intellectual fantasy" follows Kureha, a "transparent" high school girl who is plain and is barely noticed by others. Seemingly every night, she has a "dream about a bear and a transparent storm." In this dream, her mysterious classmate Ginko Yurishiro appears in the form of a bear
The English translation of the title is Lesbian Bear Storm, three words I never expected to see in the same anime title! :p: With that synopsis and that director, I have to watch this!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

All the info has been sourced from Anichart, AniDB, Youtube and MAL. All first impressions and opinions are terrible, and I should feel ashamed of myself. :getmecoat:
AngryJellyfish
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Picked up:

Binan Koukou Chikyuu Bouei-bu Love!

Yuri Kuma Arashi

Tokyo Ghoul √A

Ansatsu Kyoushítsu

Death Parade

JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Stardust Crusaders 2

Aldnoah.Zero 2

Durarara!!x2 Shou
username851717
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
I'll be aiming to watch 2/3 things so need to do some cutting from these:

*Aldnoah.Zero 2 (must watch as I need to know what happened )
*Ansatsu Kyoushítsu
*Kantai Collection: Kan Colle
*Rolling☆Girls
*Saenai Heroine no Sodate-kata

I'm that far behind i'll only be watching 1 or maybe 2.
Aiko
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Thanks AJ for putting this together. It's always nice to read the opinions on the upcoming anime from someone I know.

As usual, I'll be sampling the first episode of everything, barring anime intended for children. However, I'll have to be a lot more selective in what I commit to because I have less time than I used to. I'll definitely be watching the sequels, though. :yes:
TroyAndAbed
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Assassination Classroom, [email protected]: Cinderella Girls, Koufuku Graffiti & Handsome High School Earth Defense Club Love! are the 4 that I will be trying at some point.

AssClass because I've been planning to read the manga for a while so will try the anime before I buy the manga. [email protected] CG because I liked the original [email protected] Koufuku because it sounded interesting. & Boueibu because the trailer was hilarious and I love the way they constantly shout "LOVE MAKING!"
AngryJellyfish
Rep:
I watched my first two new episodes of the season today, and am picking both up. Binan Koukou Chikyuu Bouei-bu Love! was fabulous, though I could see it getting repetitive fast; Yuri Kuma Arashi was weirder than I imagined possible, but left me curious enough to keep it on.
AngryJellyfish
Rep:
Picked up the continuations of Tokyo Ghoul and JoJo's, no surprises there, and Ansatsu Kyoushítsu + Death Parade have done enough for me to keep them on as well. Only the other two sequels to go tomorrow, and they'd have to be very terrible right from the start not to make my list. :yes:
Queen Cersei
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Hey,
Just unsticking this but keep the discussion going!
AngryJellyfish
Rep:
Erm, okay... :erm:
AngryJellyfish
Rep:
Anyway... Aldnoah.Zero was equal parts beautiful and terrible, just as I hoped, and Durarara!! had a solid reintroductory episode (though I'm glad I rewatched the first series beforehand). And that's all I'm picking up until mid-season~
username1060297
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Great List AJ!

I've realised that unless I get recommendations with a brief abolsute spoiler free description the recommendation ends up in a huge list.

I love this format though, it is just right! A picture, official summary plus a personal insight - it's enough to peak an interest without spoiling anything at all.

Spoiler:
Show
I thought Aldnoah was a bit rushed, it could have been so much better but nonetheless - it was pretty good while it lasted; hopefully S2 isn't too bad.

I'm also going to rewatch Durarara and then watch S2, hopefully I don't catch up too quickly though!
AngryJellyfish
Rep:
(Original post by Ki Yung Na)
Great List AJ!

I've realised that unless I get recommendations with a brief abolsute spoiler free description the recommendation ends up in a huge list.

I love this format though, it is just right! A picture, official summary plus a personal insight - it's enough to peak an interest without spoiling anything at all.

Spoiler:
Show
I thought Aldnoah was a bit rushed, it could have been so much better but nonetheless - it was pretty good while it lasted; hopefully S2 isn't too bad.

I'm also going to rewatch Durarara and then watch S2, hopefully I don't catch up too quickly though!
Thanks! I can understand the desire for descriptions when getting recommended things, that's why I always add links to Anime-Planet synopses when recommending things in the main threads. They tend to summarise things far better than I could, and are spoiler-free. With the new seasons, though, it's hard to spoil anything when they haven't aired yet.

Speaking of which, I'm thinking about adding a few more Winter series to my existing lineup now that I have more free time, so if anyone has any recommendations then let me know! The ones that have me most intrigued are Junketsu no Maria, Rolling☆Girls, Yoru no Yatterman and Koufuku Graffiti, based on their synopses alone, but I'd be interested to know if any others have turned out to be surprisingly good.
Nirgilis
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Can anyone recommend KanColle to me now that the show is 5 episodes in? :holmes: . Seems like a fun watch, and given it's on CR means I'm willing to give it a whirl in my (limited) free time
AngryJellyfish
Rep:
(Original post by Nirgilis)
Can anyone recommend KanColle to me now that the show is 5 episodes in? :holmes: . Seems like a fun watch, and given it's on CR means I'm willing to give it a whirl in my (limited) free time
I've just finished watching the first three episodes; since nobody got back to me with recommendations, I've had no choice but to try and give everything a look. :sigh:

KanColle is very much the naval equivalent of Strike Witches, as I thought it looked. Less fanservice though, as these 'fleet girls' aren't forced to walk around in their underpants. :p: If seeing a huge cast of anthropomorphised ships acting cute for half an episode and shooting down generic enemies for the other half sounds good to you, then I'd say go for it. Not really my thing though, so I probably won't watch any more. :nah:
Nirgilis
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by AngryJellyfish)
I've just finished watching the first three episodes; since nobody got back to me with recommendations, I've had no choice but to try and give everything a look. :sigh:

KanColle is very much the naval equivalent of Strike Witches, as I thought it looked. Less fanservice though, as these 'fleet girls' aren't forced to walk around in their underpants. :p: If seeing a huge cast of anthropomorphised ships acting cute for half an episode and shooting down generic enemies for the other half sounds good to you, then I'd say go for it. Not really my thing though, so I probably won't watch any more. :nah:
Thanks for getting back to me . I gave Strike Witches a go a while ago and got bored of the fan service incredibly quickly (though I was watching this alongside Elfen Lied, Kannon and Clannad, so maybe the sheer quality of those pushed Strike Witches off my radar :erm: ). Will maybe give this a go for an episode or two if it's 'cute' however
caraniel
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Haven't really been hearing much buzz about Kancolle on AniTwitter. General consensus seems to be that it is for existing fans of the game and doesn't really make any attempt to attract a new audience, which coupled with the less than exciting presentation makes for a rather lacklustre show.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Does school Maths prepare people well enough for the future?

Yes, it gives everyone a good foundation for any future path (23)
33.33%
Somewhat, if your future involves maths/STEM (31)
44.93%
No, it doesn't teach enough practical life skills (14)
20.29%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
1.45%

Watched Threads