Friend who chases girls with boyfriends Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
So I have this mate who when he sets his sights on a girl he will do all means necessary to try and get her, regardless of whether or not she has a boyfriend. More often than not, they do. The most recent - he's been non-stop flirting and texting with this one girl, and then when I met her the other day to my surprise she starting telling me about a boyfriend. My friend has known all along and is still planning his next move to get with her. He does this all the time and when I call him out on it he says it's perfectly normal behaviour, she doesn't want to be with her current bf and clearly wants to be with him, if someone is taken it shouldn't stop you from making a move etc. I dunno, what do you guys think, I could never do this personally myself, and is this behaviour normal?! He seems to think it is and that I'm not living in the real world
Uw0tm8_
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Wow your friends a dkhed.
Sei Shōnagon
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Personally, if the person I liked was already in a relationship I wouldn't make a move. I would hate to interfere and (if I was successful) be the reason why the other girl is heartbroken. I would just feel frustrated, think it can't be helped and try to move on. I would only "fight" for someone if they weren't taken. Once they are in a relationship, I don't want to be that *****.

To whether what your friend does is or not the real world, I don't think there is such a thing as the real world for this matter. There is always that person who will do anything possible to sabotage a relationship, and people who would respect it and move on.

Obviously your friend doesn't belong to the latter!

If karma exists, I hope it catches up to him so he will experience losing the girl he loves to some random guy who tried everything to spoil their relationship. Only then he'll realise what he is doing isn't right!
userna-me*
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
It's not normal behaviour and it is a low blow move. Having said that, if a girl moves on from one guy to another then she isn't loyal and is also to blame if her current relationship ends.
Josh93
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Actively seeking out girls with partners is very strange, to say the least...However, I do subscribe to the view that women are intelligent, independent people and as such are entirely capable of deciding what they want for themselves - if he fancies a girl and she decides that she would prefer to be with him than her boyfriend then I wouldn't exactly say that's immoral.

My view on this is probably not that objective though because I've had a massive crush on a girl with a boyfriend for the best part of the last year (I thought she was single when we met and since then we've become really close friends), it isn't a great situation to find yourself in but I don't think you can control what your heart does, logic and reason pretty much get left at the door...

Edit: I should add that at no point have I tried to break them up - I'd be lying if I said that the thought hadn't crossed my mind but so far I'd like to think that I've done the right thing. Relationships aren't sacresanct though, plenty of people are in bad/unhappy relationships and it is entirely possible to care about someone and not be in a relationship with them.
Rakas21
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I can understand why you feel this way and potentially it could be really annoying to the boyfriend. With that being said i do think its justified on a case by case basis, especially where she has a boyfriend but he has cheated.
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Ok so your friend doesn't specifically target girls in a relationship so let's get that out of the way (Don't do a Daily Mail thing), and I'll agree that him continuing to flirt at girls who are in a relationship is morally wrong. But you also mentioned that it sounds like she's not too happy in her relationship, unless that's just what your friend told you (In which case I'll take it with a pinch of salt).

It'd be a different situation if the girl isn't interested and he kept on flirting. Regardless of whether she's in a relationship or not she has full right to reject his advances, a girl who's not 'taken' doesn't mean she's 'free'.
[[Purposely used those words but really why does it sound so possessive? Like seriously? But that's a different thread.]]
AnharM
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
So I have this mate who when he sets his sights on a girl he will do all means necessary to try and get her, regardless of whether or not she has a boyfriend. More often than not, they do. The most recent - he's been non-stop flirting and texting with this one girl, and then when I met her the other day to my surprise she starting telling me about a boyfriend. My friend has known all along and is still planning his next move to get with her. He does this all the time and when I call him out on it he says it's perfectly normal behaviour, she doesn't want to be with her current bf and clearly wants to be with him, if someone is taken it shouldn't stop you from making a move etc. I dunno, what do you guys think, I could never do this personally myself, and is this behaviour normal?! He seems to think it is and that I'm not living in the real world
I think it is normal behaviour, I believe the ''boys will be boys'' saying, it's up to the girl to stop and say no. For example, if my potential gf was messing around with another guy, I wouldn't blame the guy, boys will be boys, it's up to my gf on whether she says no or carries on flirting with the guy etc.
Anonymous #1
To get this out of the way, he doesn't 'target' girls in a relationship specifically, it's if he actually fancies or likes them he still goes for them. And tbh, he has never met her bf so he isn't really one to judge their relationship. Their relationship actually started on tinder so maybe he's basing it on that
A5ko
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'd stop your friend before he picks a girl who has a particularly destructive boyfriend.
username927016
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
It's not something I'd do either tbh, it just wouldn't feel right.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by A5ko)
I'd stop your friend before he picks a girl who has a particularly destructive boyfriend.
Trust me, I've tried, but he is ridiculously stubborn. He blocks out every criticism and doesn't seem to think about potential consequences. He has that whole YOLO attitude about him, if you like someone go for it (even if taken) or you'll regret it later in life
A5ko
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Trust me, I've tried, but he is ridiculously stubborn. He blocks out every criticism and doesn't seem to think about potential consequences. He has that whole YOLO attitude about him, if you like someone go for it (even if taken) or you'll regret it later in life
He won't have a life later to regret.
FasterThanFTL
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
It's fine. Pussy is pussy, it's just a commodity. Mans gotta do what mans gotta do to bust a nut. By any means necessary. No point in making up silly rules for what is acceptable and what's not, anything goes.

Posted from TSR Mobile
JamesR12
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
It's fine. Other guys will do it to you so you better be doing it if you have the chance.

If you like a girl, be single minded and let nothing stop you. It's a harsh and somewhat easy unreality but if the girl feels you can offer more than her boyfriend, then she should be with you and not with him.

Oh and not that it's been a regular occurrence for me, but there is a thrill to it.
joker12345
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm in a minority here but I honestly don't think its that bad. It's the girls who cheat on their partners with him that are in the wrong, and honestly, if they'd do that their relationship just wasn't meant to be.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (36)
13.95%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (21)
8.14%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (54)
20.93%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (37)
14.34%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (32)
12.4%
How can I be the best version of myself? (78)
30.23%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed