The Student Room Group

Application Master of Animation

Hi guys,
I am an italian student of cinema. I was interested in applying for a Master of Animation in Uk for the year 2015/2016. I've never attended a course of animation, but I draw since I was a child and I attended a short course of storyboarding at the Central Saint Martins in London and a class of general drawing in Rome. Now I am trying to learn by myself how to use softwares like Maya or Zbrush and I am starting to make a portfolio with my works.
my questions are:
1) is it difficult to be accepted in a Master of Animation without a background in the field?
2) I've seen some universities such as The University of Hertfordshire and the Bournemouth University. Do you know other good universities in Uk? Perhaps some in which it is easier to enter?
Thanks in advance for your help! ( and sorry for my english)
Reply 1
According to their website, Bournemouth wants an undergraduate degree in a related field for their Animation Production MA. Unless you have an impressive portfolio and/or professional experience, your background doesn't seem suitable for a Masters. Had you considered an undergrad degree instead? If you're an EU student, you would qualify for a full Tuition Fee Loan for a BA (as long as you don't already have a degree).

For any UK uni study, you will also need an English language qualification.
Reply 2
When It comes to Animation and Media, Bournemouth and Hertfordshire are some of the best. You could also take a look at Goldsmiths University and Lincoln University. I'm not sure what masters they offer though, so you would have to look.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending