The Student Room Group

Economics Beginners Book

I am in Year 11, and have picked Economics for A level in September. To get the feel for basic economics principles, and because economics interests me, I want to buy a non-revision guide/school text book style book that is suitable for beginners of my age. Ideally it should contain a wide range of topics that I will explore at sixth form, but not go into so much depth that I will essentially be revisiting everything that I already know from the book, when I start the course in September. Any suggestions please?

Apologies if this should be in a books thread rather than an A Level one.

Thanks if you can help :smile:
Original post by joddcfc
I am in Year 11, and have picked Economics for A level in September. To get the feel for basic economics principles, and because economics interests me, I want to buy a non-revision guide/school text book style book that is suitable for beginners of my age. Ideally it should contain a wide range of topics that I will explore at sixth form, but not go into so much depth that I will essentially be revisiting everything that I already know from the book, when I start the course in September. Any suggestions please?

Apologies if this should be in a books thread rather than an A Level one.

Thanks if you can help :smile:

What board are you following?
Reply 2
Original post by Skill Twix
What board are you following?

Edexcel
Original post by joddcfc
Edexcel

Well this book is quite simple(even though it's for CIE)
http://www.amazon.com/Cambridge-International-Economics-Revision-Examinations/dp/1107661781
PajHolden - Youtube Channel.

Got me an A* :wink:
You get those "economics theories explained" books which a decent for what you are looking for.

However, I would recommend you read the economist daily and other financial news articles in order to increase your awareness. Maybe even annotate the articles and write a brief summary of all of them. This way, you will be all set when you need to link examples to theories! Also, by doing this you will also come across words you may not understand which will be beneficial as you will be learning them next year.
Reply 7
Thank you everyone :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest