Is a £36,000 degree from Edinburgh worth it? Watch

probablylaurie
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi!

I just got a conditional offer from Edinburgh for English Literature! I love the course and the city and think the university looks great. The only issue is the extra £9000 debt. Is a degree from Edinburgh worth the extra debt or should I look elsewhere?

Thanks
chumshot
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
forget the money.
is it really worth an extra year of life. you're simply gonna end up repeating A2
lightningdoritos
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by probablylaurie)
Hi!

I just got a conditional offer from Edinburgh for English Literature! I love the course and the city and think the university looks great. The only issue is the extra £9000 debt. Is a degree from Edinburgh worth the extra debt or should I look elsewhere?

Thanks
I got an offer from them too! I'd say it's better if you're not sure about your degree choice as it allows you to change subject in second year so you could end up graduating with a totally different degree!
probablylaurie
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by chumshot)
forget the money.
is it really worth an extra year of life. you're simply gonna end up repeating A2
I thought the first year was about looking at different subjects? Did you find it like A2?
chumshot
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by probablylaurie)
I thought the first year was about looking at different subjects? Did you find it like A2?
if you're heart's set on EL, then go for a 3 year degree. simply not worth the debt. if you're unsure, then yes i guess the extra 9k is an issue. have you considered the US (east coast), much better place to study EL if you're unsure.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (115)
17.35%
It's just nice to be back! (182)
27.45%
Not great so far... (239)
36.05%
I want to drop out! (127)
19.16%

Watched Threads