Where to study Economics in the Netherlands?

Watch
RollingStones39
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hello, my name is Philipe. I wish to study BSc Economics and Business Economics in the Netherlands, but can't decide which university is the best one for economic studies.

I try to choose between Rotterdam,Amsterdam, Maastricht and Tilburg universities. It is known that Rotterdam Uni has a great reputation in this field, but Amsterdam is considered the best uni in the Netherlands and the course curriculum is great. Maastricht is very international and offers innovative teaching methods. Tilburg Uni is also famous in Netherlands for economic studies.

Which one do you prefer? Do you happen to study in one of them? Please, share your knowledge.

Thank you for yours answers
University of Groningen
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
In terms of the Netherlands you've got plenty of choice (a great website to reference is Bachelorsportal where you can search for programmes in the Netherlands and in other countries around the world).

For the University of Groningen all of the Business and Economics programmes are 'numerous fixus' - this means you can only apply for one 'numerous fixus' programme in the whole of the Netherlands. If you're interested in multiple programmes that have this statement it might be worth participating in the 'student for a day' events to get a real feel for the programme and the university.
ali7878
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
how much cost study in netherlands
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now? (select all that apply)

Lack of purpose or routine (275)
15.52%
Uncertainty around my education (277)
15.63%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (176)
9.93%
Isolating with family (125)
7.05%
Lack of support system (eg. Teachers, counsellors) (79)
4.46%
Lack of exercise/ability to be outside (148)
8.35%
Loneliness (175)
9.88%
Financial worries (71)
4.01%
Concern about myself or my loved ones getting ill (162)
9.14%
Exposure to negative news/social media (126)
7.11%
Lack of real life entertainment (eg. cinema, gigs, restaurants) (158)
8.92%

Watched Threads