The Student Room Group

Whats the difference b/w Xylem TISSUES and Xylem VESSELS?

Tanx guys
Original post by Tj789
Tanx guys

https://www.google.co.uk/
You're welcome.
Are they not the same thing?

Posted from TSR Mobile
A vessel is a tube, whilst a tissue is a group of cells. For example, you could take out a chunk of cells from a xylem vessel and this would be xylem tissue. The vessel includes the part in the middle which the liquid flows through. Xylem tissue makes up xylem vessels. I don't know if I've explained it very well, but I hope that makes more sense.
Reply 4
Original post by Tarte Tatin
A vessel is a tube, whilst a tissue is a group of cells. For example, you could take out a chunk of cells from a xylem vessel and this would be xylem tissue. The vessel includes the part in the middle which the liquid flows through. Xylem tissue makes up xylem vessels. I don't know if I've explained it very well, but I hope that makes more sense.

It does tanx! I just go a bit confused because in my book it says a xylem contains xylem vessels I though a Xylem was just vessel if that makes sense.
Original post by Harvey Dent
I just typed "difference between xylem tissues and xylem vessels" into Google and found the answer on the first page, you uppity little tw*t.

Original post by Tj789
I tried google you complete idiotic low life.

hugs u both

o.t. vessels are made up of tissues
Reply 6
Original post by beyknowles
hugs u both

o.t. vessels are made up of tissues

Thats what I thought but my book says xylem tissues are made up of vessels which makes no sense :/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending