Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I was nominated for the final stage of ORS award, but was not ultimately selected. Is there any other way I can get funding from the Universities for at least my Full Overseas Tuition?

ReputationRep:
    ORS is the overseas research scheme award granted by the Universities UK. I am selected by Bristol for Chemistry, and was in their 39 nominations for the ORS award, which I eventually did not get.
    I guess it would be difficult for me to pay the overseas tuition, which stands at around 10.5 grands annually.

ReputationRep:
    Are you a post-grad then? I thought ORS money was only available to people wishing to do a research qualification - i.e a Masters or Doctorate.

ReputationRep:
    I have been admitted to the PhD program.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shana)
    I have been admitted to the PhD program.
    the ORS is tough to get, but you can apply next year if you can find the money for this. Also look to your countries government...

One of the students in my lab (from India) didn't get an ORS in his first year (apparently they're very difficult to get if you're not already at the Uni and on the course), but he did get it for his 2nd and thrid year.

Hope this is of some help...

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.