The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
sloaney87
have a wank

definitely the way to go
Reply 21
ZJuwelH
On the music angle, play some music that gets you dancing and shakin' that thing... you'll get tired.
I'm tired, have been all day, just not tired enough to goto bed yet and I cant see me ever being.
Reply 22
amazingtrade
I know exactly what you mean, I've been having a few sleeping problems lately as well. I just stay up so late now that I naturaly fall asleep. Its better than lying in bed for hours trying to sleep.

A vicious circle though. Don't worry it'll be the long 3 month hols soon and the problems will just float away...
Reply 23
Daveo
I'm tired, have been all day, just not tired enough to goto bed yet and I cant see me ever being.

TURN OFF YOUR COMPUTER NOW AND GO TO BED.

seriously.
Reply 24
timeofyourlife
A vicious circle though. Don't worry it'll be the long 3 month hols soon and the problems will just float away...
I'm not entierly sure about the floating but the 3 and a half month holiday will certainly help.
Reply 25
Daveo

Well then tire yourself!

If not, try expressing square roots of big numbers in surd form e.g. sqrt1280 = 16sqrt5...

I don't do that of course but...
Reply 26
Take some pills...preferably some with sedation as the side effects
Reply 27
Whatever is on your mind... just think of all the people worse off than you. Tends to put my troubles in perspective.
Reply 28
blissy
TURN OFF YOUR COMPUTER NOW AND GO TO BED.

seriously.
Seriously, I'm not that tired, i didnt plan to goto bed yet, i was looking for ideas for half an hour in advance.
Reply 29
Daveo
Seriously, I'm not that tired, i didnt plan to goto bed yet, i was looking for ideas for half an hour in advance.

OK, but you need to calm down and being free of all stimuli is helpful.
Reply 30
Daveo

Try a website you like (not here!) until you get bored.

Have some fun at http://www.candystand.com/games...
Reply 31
LS.
Take some pills...preferably some with sedation as the side effects
Don't have any pills!
Reply 32
Daveo

Talk to someone with serious problems, it will drain you of all energy and you'll go straight to sleep when you get to bed.
Reply 33
Daveo
Don't have any pills!

We've got some in our kitchen... which you are welcome to.
Reply 34
Daveo

start listening to the voices in your head. They make me feel sleepy, but it's disturbing when they start telling me to do stuff, only stuff I find in the lab will silence them. Failing that, tip for next time: record one of your most boring lecturers on a dictaphone and play it while laying comfortably in bed. I've never done it before (seems a bit creepy) but I'm sure it would work!
Reply 35
Tednol
We've got some in our kitchen... which you are welcome to.
LOL! What are they?
Reply 36
blissy
and being free of all stimuli is helpful.

Are you having passionate encounters on the subscribers forum then? :wink:
Reply 37
timeofyourlife
start listening to the voices in your head. They make me feel sleepy, but it's disturbing when they start telling me to do stuff, only stuff I find in the lab will silence them. Failing that, tip for next time: record one of your most boring lecturers on a dictaphone and play it while laying comfortably in bed. I've never done it before (seems a bit creepy) but I'm sure it would work!
If only I was in a lecture I'd have no problem falling asleep. If I start listening to any voices they will send me even more crazy than i'm feeling :frown:
Reply 38
Daveo
LOL! What are they?

"Valerian Sleep Well". They are herbal, so read into that what you will. They were purchased from Lloyds Pharmacy by Kebab King! We've also got cold pizza in the kitchen... don't know if that'll help you sleep.
Reply 39
Tednol
"Valerian Sleep Well". They are herbal, so read into that what you will. They were purchased from Lloyds Pharmacy by Kebab King! We've also got cold pizza in the kitchen... don't know if that'll help you sleep.

Maybe it will. For too long.

Latest

Trending

Trending