This discussion is closed.
Surfing Hamster
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
I've been set the task of deciding on an address for a new website containing nine car dealerships. I was thinking of something like "click4cars.net" or something with it being a 'network' (hence the .net).

Any ideas??

Is it advisable to go with a .com or .net even if they're all in the UK?
Rich
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Surfing Hamster)
I've been set the task of deciding on an address for a new website containing nine car dealerships. I was thinking of something like "click4cars.net" or something with it being a 'network' (hence the .net).

Any ideas??

Is it advisable to go with a .com or .net even if they're all in the UK?
Hmm... click4cars.net is very stereotypically 'dodgy car salesman' IMO.

But... I can't think of anything better right now. It's a much harder task than you would think.
Juwel
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Well jamjar.com comes from the rhyming slang. Why not think of something on the witty lines?
Surfing Hamster
Rep:
?
(Original post by rahaydenuk)
Hmm... click4cars.net is very stereotypically 'dodgy car salesman' IMO.

But... I can't think of anything better right now. It's a much harder task than you would think.
My thoughts exactly! I just wanted to give an example I've been thinking it over for days now, it's doing my head in
Sam2k
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
how about pointb.net?

as in get from point a to b
MancunIan
Badges: 0
Report 16 years ago
How about CarLoad.net? Implies there is loads of choice while having the benefit of being a real word meaning (incidentally) "The official minimum weight necessary to ship freight at a reduced rate".

Or possibly (All with a similar theme - Hey, look at my user name ) :

CarMine.net - A strong to vivid red.
CarNet.net - A book of postage stamps.
CarPal.net - Of, relating to, or near the carpus.
CarpeDiem.net
CarSick.net - With a nifty slogan about being sick of searching other sites...?
CarTon.net

etc.

Where abouts in Derbyshire are u hamster just out of interest?
Surfing Hamster
Rep:
?
(Original post by piginapoke)
muchomotors.net
carportal.net (probably taken)
autoportal.net (see above)
motorgateway.net (getting desperate)
autoautos.net (scraping the barrel)
motordirectory.net (out of ideas as you can tell)
hehe your post brought a smile to my face

moncal: nice, but taken

mancunian: they're all taken - just my luck! I liked carmine.net too. Although, automine.net isn't taken - what do you think to that? I'm from a little village near Alfreton - it's near Chesterfield (where i go2 college). Where are you from?

thanks to all of you!
MancunIan
Report 16 years ago
mancunian: they're all taken - just my luck! I liked carmine.net too. Although, automine.net isn't taken - what do you think to that? I'm from a little village near Alfreton - it's near Chesterfield (where i go2 college). Where are you from?
Originally from Riddings, a little village near Alfreton . Currently living in Manchester. Do have a friend at Chessy college tho.

AutoMine.net sounds ok, I just like the idea of using actual words. If the .net options are taken there are a huge amount of domains - have you tried CarMine.com/.co.uk/.org/.info/.biz etc?
Surfing Hamster
Rep:
?
(Original post by MancunIan)
Originally from Riddings, a little village near Alfreton . Currently living in Manchester. Do have a friend at Chessy college tho.

AutoMine.net sounds ok, I just like the idea of using actual words. If the .net options are taken there are a huge amount of domains - have you tried CarMine.com/.co.uk/.org/.info/.biz etc?
I just looked it up on the AA - you only lived 13 minutes (7.8mile) away!!

I'll give the domain name some thought...I specifically wanted the .net because it was a network of dealers. *ponders*
MancunIan
Report 16 years ago
I just looked it up on the AA - you only lived 13 minutes (7.8mile) away!!

I'll give the domain name some thought...I specifically wanted the .net because it was a network of dealers. *ponders*
Small World huh? I just remembered I was arrested on a night out in Chesterfield for public urination (It wasn't as bad as it sounds). It is however classed as a public indecency offence - try explaining that on your UCAS form... :eek: .

Anyways, how about AutoBarn.net - pun on the autobahn?
Or AutoCrazy - similarly bad pun on autocracy?
AutoDidAct - technically a self taught person but sounds quite cool as 3 words...

Ought to get over my need to make it a real word - that or try a foreign dictionary anyways... .
Sam2k
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
wecar.net- pun on the saying we card (don't know if businesses on the Island use this phrase)
passperfection.net- 7 is perfection and there are 9 dealers. Plus cars bought from these merchants will pass all the other cars.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you do not get the A-level grades you want this summer, what is your likely next step?

Take autumn exams (125)
46.47%
Take exams next summer (39)
14.5%
Change uni choice through clearing (68)
25.28%
Apply to uni next year instead (24)
8.92%
I'm not applying to university (13)
4.83%

Watched Threads