Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I've been set the task of deciding on an address for a new website containing nine car dealerships. I was thinking of something like "click4cars.net" or something with it being a 'network' (hence the .net).

Any ideas??

Is it advisable to go with a .com or .net even if they're all in the UK?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Surfing Hamster)
    I've been set the task of deciding on an address for a new website containing nine car dealerships. I was thinking of something like "click4cars.net" or something with it being a 'network' (hence the .net).

Any ideas??

Is it advisable to go with a .com or .net even if they're all in the UK?
    Hmm... click4cars.net is very stereotypically 'dodgy car salesman' IMO.

But... I can't think of anything better right now. It's a much harder task than you would think.

ReputationRep:
    Well jamjar.com comes from the rhyming slang. Why not think of something on the witty lines?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rahaydenuk)
    Hmm... click4cars.net is very stereotypically 'dodgy car salesman' IMO.

But... I can't think of anything better right now. It's a much harder task than you would think.
    My thoughts exactly! I just wanted to give an example I've been thinking it over for days now, it's doing my head in

ReputationRep:
    how about pointb.net?

as in get from point a to b

ReputationRep:
    How about CarLoad.net? Implies there is loads of choice while having the benefit of being a real word meaning (incidentally) "The official minimum weight necessary to ship freight at a reduced rate".

Or possibly (All with a similar theme - Hey, look at my user name ) :

CarMine.net - A strong to vivid red.
    CarNet.net - A book of postage stamps.
    CarPal.net - Of, relating to, or near the carpus.
    CarpeDiem.net
    CarSick.net - With a nifty slogan about being sick of searching other sites...?
    CarTon.net

etc.

Where abouts in Derbyshire are u hamster just out of interest?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by piginapoke)
    muchomotors.net
    carportal.net (probably taken)
    autoportal.net (see above)
    motorgateway.net (getting desperate)
    autoautos.net (scraping the barrel)
    motordirectory.net (out of ideas as you can tell)
    hehe your post brought a smile to my face

moncal: nice, but taken

mancunian: they're all taken - just my luck! I liked carmine.net too. Although, automine.net isn't taken - what do you think to that? I'm from a little village near Alfreton - it's near Chesterfield (where i go2 college). Where are you from?

thanks to all of you!

ReputationRep:
    mancunian: they're all taken - just my luck! I liked carmine.net too. Although, automine.net isn't taken - what do you think to that? I'm from a little village near Alfreton - it's near Chesterfield (where i go2 college). Where are you from?
    Originally from Riddings, a little village near Alfreton . Currently living in Manchester. Do have a friend at Chessy college tho.

AutoMine.net sounds ok, I just like the idea of using actual words. If the .net options are taken there are a huge amount of domains - have you tried CarMine.com/.co.uk/.org/.info/.biz etc?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MancunIan)
    Originally from Riddings, a little village near Alfreton . Currently living in Manchester. Do have a friend at Chessy college tho.

AutoMine.net sounds ok, I just like the idea of using actual words. If the .net options are taken there are a huge amount of domains - have you tried CarMine.com/.co.uk/.org/.info/.biz etc?
    I just looked it up on the AA - you only lived 13 minutes (7.8mile) away!!

I'll give the domain name some thought...I specifically wanted the .net because it was a network of dealers. *ponders*

ReputationRep:
    I just looked it up on the AA - you only lived 13 minutes (7.8mile) away!!

I'll give the domain name some thought...I specifically wanted the .net because it was a network of dealers. *ponders*
    Small World huh? I just remembered I was arrested on a night out in Chesterfield for public urination (It wasn't as bad as it sounds). It is however classed as a public indecency offence - try explaining that on your UCAS form... :eek: .

Anyways, how about AutoBarn.net - pun on the autobahn?
    Or AutoCrazy - similarly bad pun on autocracy?
    AutoDidAct - technically a self taught person but sounds quite cool as 3 words...

Ought to get over my need to make it a real word - that or try a foreign dictionary anyways... .

ReputationRep:
    wecar.net- pun on the saying we card (don't know if businesses on the Island use this phrase)
    passperfection.net- 7 is perfection and there are 9 dealers. Plus cars bought from these merchants will pass all the other cars.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.