Separation of power Watch

kurdistan1
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I have an presentation to do on this question:

‘Recent changes within the British constitution suggest an increasing importance for separation of powers. Far from having a rigid functional separation of powers, the British system operates a highly effective system of checks and balances.’
Discuss critically.

Could anyone tell me what i should include?
vnupe
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by kurdistan1)
I have an presentation to do on this question:

‘Recent changes within the British constitution suggest an increasing importance for separation of powers. Far from having a rigid functional separation of powers, the British system operates a highly effective system of checks and balances.’
Discuss critically.

Could anyone tell me what i should include?
I would first set out to define the major issues in your question:

1The British Constitution - does the UK have a constitution, if so what is it, how is it defined

2. What are separation of powers, what does this mean, define it

3. Does the British Constitution allow for separation of powers, if so, how and why

4. Define a rigid functional separation of powers to a liberal separation of powers

5. Discuss where the UK model is on this sliding scale, is there a sliding scale, is there any other model to compare it with

6. What are checks and balances, what does that mean, how does it apply to the British constitution and to the doctrine of separation of powers

7. Discuss it from both sides of the argument, yes the Constitution suggests an importance of separation of powers, followed by no the constitution does not suggest an importance for the separation of powers and why for each interweaving the concept of rigidity and checks and balances etc into each argument

8. Then conclude with as to why you believe what you believe

Hope this helps
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bath
    Undergraduate Virtual Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Feb '19
  • Ravensbourne University London
    School of Design, School of Media Further education
    Sat, 23 Feb '19
  • Leeds Trinity University
    PGCE Open Day Further education
    Sat, 23 Feb '19

Do you have a food intolerance or allergy?

Yes - a food intolerance (26)
11.06%
Yes - a food allergy (24)
10.21%
Yes - an autoimmune disorder (i.e coeliac, colitis) (7)
2.98%
Yes - I have an intolerance and allergy (8)
3.4%
No (170)
72.34%

Watched Threads