PLEASE HELP ME!!! english literature as level ocr courserwork Watch

flowergirl1234
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I really really want to get an A in my english lit coursework, I have to write a comparative essay on Regeneration by Pat Barker and Journeys End by Rc sherriff.I have chosen to speak about masculinity and how these two text use it, they are both war based as well. Can anyone help me of how the structure of the essay should be (btw the exam board is OCR and Alevel)
flowergirl1234
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
so literally no one can help me?? great to know there's a lack of people willing to help a fellow human being in a time of desperate need
The Empire Odyssey
  • Study Helper
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by flowergirl1234)
I really really want to get an A in my english lit coursework, I have to write a comparative essay on Regeneration by Pat Barker and Journeys End by Rc sherriff.I have chosen to speak about masculinity and how these two text use it, they are both war based as well. Can anyone help me of how the structure of the essay should be (btw the exam board is OCR and Alevel)
I looked at these texts when I did WW1 Literature at AS.

Masculinity in Regeneration - comradeship, homosexuality. Those can be portrayed as having an identity affiliated with masculinity as in being close and intimate with another man could be seen as sharing a male bond - being masculine.

Journey's End - comradeship, brotherhood, parental role with Stanhope and Raleigh. Stanhope is obviously mean to Raleigh because he wants to protect him - he see the innocence in Raleigh that he once saw in himself and he tries to protect Raleigh so he doesn't end up like a drunkard like Stanhope. That being over-protective could be seen as masculine.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Feb '20
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    Postgraduate and professional courses Postgraduate
    Wed, 19 Feb '20
  • University of Warwick
    Warwick Business School Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Feb '20

Has your university offer been reduced?