Does anyone know when the new batch of phones will be released in 2015?

Watch
Naami
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I'm in need of a new phone but like most people, I'm wondering if I should wait for the new flagships to arrive. I don't mind waiting a couple of months (to like March) but if it's in the summer then I might buy a new phone now. Does anyone have any release dates or speculations what the phones might be like?
Gofre
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Naami)
I'm in need of a new phone but like most people, I'm wondering if I should wait for the new flagships to arrive. I don't mind waiting a couple of months (to like March) but if it's in the summer then I might buy a new phone now. Does anyone have any release dates or speculations what the phones might be like?
The "big four" Android manufacturers- HTC, LG, Samsung and Sony- tend to release the newest versions of their core flagship lines (HTC One LG G, Galaxy S and Xperia Z) between February and May each year, with Samsung and HTC nearer the start of that period and LG towards the end. Sony released new models in their Z series in September, but it was very much an incremental upgrade and it's likely we'll see a Z4 surface in Q1/2 next year. So if the One M8, LG G3, Galaxy S5 or Xperia Z3 have caught your eye, you're best off waiting for the update at this point. Motorola, or whoever happens to be taking their turn at owning them at the time, release their flagship X series in August-Sept time, so the Moto X (and its big brother, the Nexus 6) are a safe buy. The last true flagship released under the Nokia, the Lumia 930, was released in April and will probably be released in the same timeframe now that they're wholly under Microsoft. That's pretty much the only name in Windows Phone these days.

The new iPhones have very recently been launched so they're a safe buy since releases are annual. Who knows what's happening with Blackberry, but you shouldn't be looking at them anyway.

Finally there's the Galaxy Note series, which while not Samsung's primary focus are certainly flagship grade phones. They also get released later in the year, so you're good to go on that too.

Pretty sure that's most things covered :ahee:
uihiu
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
https://oneplus.net/uk/one

If you are looking to buy a new phone then get this. To be honest I have lost faith in the mobile companies since all they seem to do is release oversized piece of S**t with slightly better hardware. This phone has hardware which is much better than flagship phones and also for limited time they've made it so that you can get it without invitation.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (654)
33.62%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (824)
42.37%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (380)
19.54%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (87)
4.47%

Watched Threads