Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DrNick2006)
    It depends which subject you adhere to...

Biology- I was penetrated, so I lost my virginity.
    Psychology- I don't believe that I lost my virginity, so I didn't.
    Philosophy- What is virginity?
    Mathematics- Penis+Vagina= -1(Virginity)

And finally, English Literature-

And every night that poor girl cries,
    I wish I hadn't opened my thighs.

So, yes, you have. At least I think so...
    LOL! Brilliant

to the OP, yes I do think you lost it. It's a shame you had to lose it in a situation you wasn't comfortable with.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    i just hope for your sake you're on the pill or he was wearing a condom or you've both either got some form of contraception because even though he was in you for 10 secs there might have been some precum which could have leaked in...although if it was really only for 10 secs i'm sure it's ok,and 9 months from now you won't be with child....
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    oh and technically you probably have lost your virginity but if he didn't actually get to the hymen (is that possible in 10 secs?) then nope you're still a virgin.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by January Victim)
    oh and technically you probably have lost your virginity but if he didn't actually get to the hymen (is that possible in 10 secs?) then nope you're still a virgin.
    Surely if he's had his **** inside her, she's no longer a virgin?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I didn't realise. He seemed nice and while we were together, he was really sweet and sensitive. Plus I was very drunk (yeah I know I'm stupid) I'm so ****ing naive, I shoulda known he was only being like it to get what he wants.

Unfortunatly thats the classic way on how a guy operates when he wants to bed a girl, put it down from experience and don't get yourself into that situation in future and learn from it.

ReputationRep:
    And if it takes anywhere close to 10 seconds for a guy to get only a short distance inside of you, i'd start worrying...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Squelchy)
    To be honest, I completely agree with you. It's all very well being pedantic about the hymen (which of course can't be the sole description of virginity as it can break without sexual intercourse), but if you've had sex, you've lost your virginity.

And in order of happening...

Katie- I shall rep you tomorrow.
    dh00001- I shall rep you Monday.
    A Y A Z- If you fulfil your statement () I shall rep you Tuesday.
    Lykabelle- I shall rep you Wednesday.

I thank you all.

And whomever I was just repped by, I shall rep you Thursday. If I knew who the bloody hell you were!
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    his **** could have just reached the opening of her vagina,does that mean she's no longer a virgin? i think not.

ReputationRep:
    Technically and biologically, yes. BUT, if you're being philisophical, is virginity as much a state of mind as a physical thing? If you use that interpretation, then if you dont consider yourself to have 'had sex', then you are still a virgin.

That make sense?
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    why do you bloody philosophers have to complicate every little issue eh?eh? is there an elephant in the room? just because you don't see it doesn't mean it's not there..do you believe it's there??? bloody hell!

ReputationRep:
    his **** could have just reached the opening of her vagina,does that mean she's no longer a virgin? i think not.
    He had his **** inside her, hence she is not a virgin.

ReputationRep:
    To be honest, it depends on whether she was actually penetrated. If she was a virgin that was really not in the mood then it's entirely possible that he didn't actually penetrate.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    :ditto:
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    He had his **** inside her, hence she is not a virgin.
    just because he entered her doesn't mean she's no longer a virgin. if a girl placed her mouth over the head of your **** but didn't tighten her lips together so that her lips are actually on your ****,and your **** was just hanging in the air around her mouth,does that mean you got a blowjob? i think not.

ReputationRep:
    just because he entered her doesn't mean she's no longer a virgin. if a girl placed her mouth over the head of your **** but didn't tighten her lips together so that her lips are actually on your ****,and your **** was just hanging in the air around her mouth,does that mean you got a blowjob? i think not.
    The difference is, a blowjob is an actual ongoing act. The loss of virginity simply requires one thing: penis inside vagina. It doesn't need minutes of thrusting, it requires her to be entered only once.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    to the point where her hymen is broken...or at least where her hymen was situated (in the case where her hymen could have been broken by some natural innocent act)

ReputationRep:
    to the point where her hymen is broken...or at least where her hymen was situated (in the case where her hymen could have been broken by some natural innocent act)
    There's no stipulation that the hymen must be broken in the definition of devirginising.

ReputationRep:
    The hymen doesn't count for anything unless you are some kind of Medieval Princess, if the penis penetrated at all then she has lot her virginity. But, as i said before, its entirely possible that he couldn't penetrate.

ReputationRep:
    well, if there was enough **** to be painful, then there was definately enough **** to not be a virgin anymore!

and OP, shame the guy is such an idiot!

ReputationRep:
    OK- let's try and sort it with some semantics, and this time I'm actually being serious.

These aren't dictionary definitions as such, but what I think these mean.

Virginity- the state of being a virgin.
    Virgin- a person who has never had sexual intercourse.
    Sexual intercourse- the act in which the penis enters the vagina.

From what I've heard, this boy's penis did enter her vagina, with no relevance as to how far. This suggests to me that the girl is no longer a virgin, and hence lost her virginity.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 17, 2006
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.