Turn on thread page Beta

I think I'm with the philosophical school. I sort of had the opposite problem - went out with a guy who just couldn't keep it up. Or at least, he was fine, until it came to the point of actual intercourse. The moment the condom was on, things started to go wrong - and once his penis actually touched the edge of my vagina, it was all over. Needless to say, the relationship didn't last.

Anyway, the point of this rather rambling digression is, I've never really known if that counts as me having had sex with him. And I'm rather of the opinion that it doesn't, even though there was some very brief penetration. I guess technically, biologically, I'm wrong. But, to my mind, that's not sex. And the same applies to the OP.

ReputationRep:
    God, this stretches my mind a little too much for a Sunday night =/

Agreed with above. It was a silly thing to do (having said that, I'm not one to talk, but let's leave that one OFF the internet thankyou :P)
    Who cares if you're a virgin or not?! It doesn't mean anything. If you're the kind of person who has to classify themselves; I suggest now ought to be a lesson to you that life is not easily classifiable, that not everyone fits into a narrow grouping.

OP, - YES, you have had a penis inside you
    - NO, you have not 'had sex' in terms of perception
    - And as for virginity, who gives a flying f*** by now anyway. The stupid sleazeball would be honoured that there's now a 4 page THREAD about whether or not he properly took you, don't give him the satisfaction.

ReputationRep:
    Why's everyone so bothered about the hymen. Just by using a tampon you can break it. I personally broke mine when dancing (I bled once and told my mum i'd started my periods and she was like, erm no).

I don't count my first sexual experience as losing my virginity. I prefer to think of the first time it was at all pleasurable as being the time I lost it. But OP, atleast it's a learning experience for you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scribble_girl)

Who cares if you're a virgin or not?! It doesn't mean anything. If you're the kind of person who has to classify themselves; I suggest now ought to be a lesson to you that life is not easily classifiable, that not everyone fits into a narrow grouping.
    A very good point.

(Original post by scribble_girl)
    OP, - YES, you have had a penis inside you
    - NO, you have not 'had sex' in terms of perception
    - And as for virginity, who gives a flying f*** by now anyway. The stupid sleazeball would be honoured that there's now a 4 page THREAD about whether or not he properly took you, don't give him the satisfaction.
    Again, a very good point.

Says he who prolongs the thread further!

ReputationRep:
    may i know your age?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 17, 2006
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.