The Student Room Group

Best Finance Universities in London

I am an Irish student looking to study:

Finance,
Financial Economics,
Or Fiance & Economics in London

I am looking for a college that will accept me with Leaving Certificate grades of ABBBCD

At the time I didn't know that I wanted to do finance so I did ordinary level maths which is a big no-no in finance.

I thought I could get into City University as they listed minimum entry requirements as BBBCC but when I emailed them they said AAAABB with A1 in higher level maths.

I have looked at:

City (AAAABB)
Queen Mary (they want AAAAAB)
Birkbeck (300 ucas points)
Greenwich (300 ucas points)
Kingston (300 ucas points)

Greenwich and Kingston have not replied to my emails regarding entry requirements so I am going off what I found out on the UCAS site. But that has little consistency after what city told me.

If you could suggest a reputable school in London that would consider me with the above grades I would be forever grateful.

I have no idea what UCAS tariff points are, I converted my 8 Leaving Certificate subjects to UCAS tariff points and I got 357 ?

Thanks in advance
Reply 1
Does it really have to be London? You would be much better going to a university outside London with a better reputation than some of the lesser one you've mentioned, working your socks off, getting your internship in London, and not damaging your career with a less than illustrious London uni. Have a look at something like Heriot-Watt, entry level 1, which has a good rep in Finance, more lenient entry requirements, and free fees for you as an EU student.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending