The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Squelchy
People will like you, but in that "I want to be friends with them" way. Funny, ugly guys are the ones who end up being the best friend, and quietly pining away for the girl. Some girls can overlook a really ugly face, but it's still a severe disadvantage.

Equally, I know handsome guys who have got away with murder because of their looks. Most women probably wouldn't be able to deal with a crap personality, even if the guy had amazing looks, but speaking plainly, being ugly is a massive disadvantage when it comes to attracting women, and being good looking is a huge advantage. It's that simple.
I have a friend who's very handsome. And I'm far more uglier than he is. And I still get way more girls than he does (not being modest or anything). Explain that. Please.
anjurdsg
:dito:

there's an expanded form of what i was trying to say

:hugs:

Hey, why use one word where 20'll do right ...
Reply 22
anjurdsg
I have a friend who's very handsome. And I'm far more uglier than he is. And I still get way more girls than he does. Explain that. Please.

Could be anything. Could be personality, confidence, could be that you approach more women than he does.

Again, I'm not saying being ugly will totally kill your chances, or that being good looking will guarentee you a lot of action, but all else being equal, an ugly man will experience comparatively a lot more trouble in the dating world than a handsome man, who will find things much more easy, comparatively.
Reply 23
Squelchy
Could be anything. Could be personality, confidence, could be that you approach more women than he does.

Again, I'm not saying being ugly will totally kill your chances, or that being good looking will guarentee you a lot of action, but all else being equal, an ugly man will experience comparatively a lot more trouble in the dating world than a handsome man, who will find things much more easy, comparatively.
alrite.. i get what you mean

you're right, actually

yes, my friend does get approached by girls at times... more than I do... but he cant do much after that...
Squelchy

True.
Think attractive people just have more confidence though (speaking as someone who's not...)
Reply 25
anjurdsg
alrite.. i get what you mean

you're right, actually

yes, my friend does get approached by girls at times... more than I do... but he cant do much after that...

Well there you go then. As a good looking guy, he'll get more opportunities fall into his lap, and if he were to approach women, no doubt more would be interested if he approached them. However, there's obviously a limit to how far looks will take him if he does nothing when women approach him, and he doesn't approach them.
Reply 26
icantthinkofacoolusername
True.
Think attractive people just have more confidence though (speaking as someone who's not...)
attractive people have just more advantage... wherever you go.. even if its applying for a job...lol.. not just the dating world... but personality is the bottom line.. if some boss had a choice between a HOT girl and a confident but unattractive man with great leadership qualities and so on... who's he going to hire?
Yeah - nothing worse than someone fit coming over and then having absolutely nothing to say to you.
I'd imagine the main problem with people who consider themselves ugly is a mental thing. Guys can get away with being pretty ugly if they are confident, have charm and an attractive personality. I'd trade my good looks for some height!!
Reply 29
Exactly right Squelchy
Reply 30
General Mullet
I'd imagine the main problem with people who consider themselves ugly is a mental thing. Guys can get away with being pretty ugly if they are confident, have charm and an attractive personality. I'd trade my good looks for some height!!
I sense modesty lol :p:
Reply 31
um, to whoever said looks don't matter to girls, sadly its completely untrue, girls are just as shallow as men, and can even be worse. however, I find intelligence and interesting personality really do matter more, to any girl worth dating at least. I would never go out or be attracted to a stupid guy, but i'v liked loads of guys for their personality and was intelligence even though they were not that great looking.

Anyways, why do you think you are ugly, very few people are truly ugly.
Reply 32
Do your hair, put on a suit and post a pic :smile:
Reply 33
Anonymous
I am ugly. I have never had a girlfriend or even kissed a girl. What can i do to remedy the problem??

Stop spelling 'boy' 'boi' for a start. :rolleyes:
Reply 34
Do this

Then you can nail Celine Dion and make her have freak babies

Post a picture! ;-_-;
anjurdsg
Attracting girls has got nothing to do with looks
Bull (please don't be offended). Looks play an important part IMO. I believe you must be physically attracted to a person as well as emotionally attracted or like their personality.
icantthinkofacoolusername
Chances are if your friends good looking he's a ******/devoid of any sort of personality/ can think of nothing better to do than show them various injuries he's sustained playing rugby.

You bitter or something? Good looks and an interesting character aren't mutually exclusive.
Reply 38
well you probably aren't as ugly as you think, but my advice would just to go for ugly girls, who know they can't really do any better.
Reply 39
Get rich and become a psych/ folk sleazebag with lots of chest hair and pltenty of cheap cologne (even though you're rich) to boot, girls dig that a lot.

If that doesn't work out I guess you should just deal with it.

Latest