Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Lots of ugly guys get girlfriends (and not just deperate ones either).

For women, it would appear that confidence, independence and perhaps a bit of mystery are far more significant attractants than looks. It makes sense if you consider it in an evolutionary context.

ReputationRep:
    Dean Gaffney gets laid, a lot. So there is hope.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 3232)
    Dean Gaffney gets laid, a lot. So there is hope.
    Dean Gaffney is famous.

(Original post by Lib North)
    Lots of ugly guys get girlfriends (and not just deperate ones either).

For women, it would appear that confidence, independence and perhaps a bit of mystery are far more significant attractants than looks. It makes sense if you consider it in an evolutionary context.
    What if you're ugly and don't have confidence?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Refer back to my original post. Get exceedingly rich. Have you seen Bill Gates' wife? Stunning.

Any massively rich man is never short of a beautiful woman.

Which is not to imply that women are shallow, it's simple instinct. They tend to look for a man who can protect her and their young, and be a provider. In this society, that's not the physically strongest man, it's the man with the most bread.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Princess_Peach)
    But being ugly acts as a repellent. You could have the personality of a stand up comedian but if you’re so god ugly that no one approaches you, and people flee when you approach them, what you gonna do?
    haha go by the assumpstion that knowo will go out with you.... then talk to girls you like, because you already know there isn't a chance you don't need to be nervous...then maybe in time they will like your personality

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Squelchy)
    Refer back to my original post. Get exceedingly rich. Have you seen Bill Gates' wife? Stunning.

Any massively rich man is never short of a beautiful woman.

Which is not to imply that women are shallow, it's simple instinct. They tend to look for a man who can protect her and their young, and be a provider. In this society, that's not the physically strongest man, it's the man with the most bread.
    You make a good point but its not easy to just get 'exceedingly rich'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FranzFan)
    You make a good point but its not easy to just get 'exceedingly rich'
    Unfortunately, you are correct.

Such is life.

ReputationRep:
    ugly.doc If these people can do it then so can you.

ReputationRep:
    They're just average looking people.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, as was said, unless you're wealthy, then you're pretty much ****ed.

I suggest a life of celibacy. At least that way it isn't as embarrassing when people notice you're not getting any.

ReputationRep:
    Women are far less superficial than men on the whole. As icantthinkofacoolusername said, girls like "nice/funny/intelligent guys who treat them well". If you're not particularly confident, try faking it to some extent.

(Original post by Lib North)
    Yeah, as was said, unless you're wealthy, then you're pretty much ****ed.

I suggest a life of celibacy. At least that way it isn't as embarrassing when people notice you're not getting any.
    Great. I think I'll go become a monk now....

ReputationRep:
    A reasonable alternative might be to become loaded enough to get plastic surgery, without having to become a millionaire?

ReputationRep:
    post a pic!!!

post a pic!!!
    I don't know, I'd rather stay annonymous for now But take my word for it, I am an incredibly unattractive person

ReputationRep:
    Sometimes ones view may be totally different from true reality. I promise I will evaluate your pic honestly.

Sometimes ones view may be totally different from true reality. I promise I will evaluate your pic honestly.
    I might pm you at some point, but I don't know, I would like to remain annonymous.

*idea* maybe if I google a load of pics and send you around 5 different people, you won't know which one's me... :p:

ReputationRep:
    I might pm you at some point, but I don't know, I would like to remain annonymous.

*idea* maybe if I google a load of pics and send you around 5 different people, you won't know which one's me... :p:
    Sure. Go for it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chumbaniya)
    You bitter or something? Good looks and an interesting character aren't mutually exclusive.
    Only a bit...
    No, not mutually exclusive it's just those men don't tend to be too interested in girls...

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 15, 2006
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.