Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by icantthinkofacoolusername)
    Only a bit...
    No, not mutually exclusive it's just those men don't tend to be too interested in girls...
    Ha ha ha, you can't honestly believe all good looking men are either boring or gay?!?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Grey)
    Get rich and become a psych/ folk sleazebag with lots of chest hair and pltenty of cheap cologne (even though you're rich) to boot, girls dig that a lot.
    No, they really don't...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Squelchy)
    Ha ha ha, you can't honestly believe all good looking men are either boring or gay?!?
    Ok, there are some straight ones out there but they're all taken.
    I don't know where you find them though.
    Maybe you have to buy them from a shop....

ReputationRep:
    Ok, there are some straight ones out there but they're all taken.
    I don't know where you find them though.
    Maybe you have to buy them from a shop....
    I know plenty of single straight guys with great personalities who are good looking. Absolutely tons.

Admittedly that's good looking from a straight guy's perspective, which may differ from a woman's, but I think I'm a reasonably decent and honest judge of what a good looking man is, and I'm definitely a good judge of character.

ReputationRep:
    I know plenty of single straight guys with great personalities who are good looking. Absolutely tons.

Admittedly that's good looking from a straight guy's perspective, which may differ from a woman's, but I think I'm a reasonably decent and honest judge of what a good looking man is, and I'm definitely a good judge of character.
    Excellent.
    Won't lose hope just yet then...

ReputationRep:
    Seriously, 'you're fit but my gosh don't you know it' just came on the radio.
    Coincidence I think not....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blackcurrant)
    Women are far less superficial than men on the whole. As icantthinkofacoolusername said, girls like "nice/funny/intelligent guys who treat them well". If you're not particularly confident, try faking it to some extent.
    It's not any less superficial, you're just mentally predetermined to look for safety over fertility.

ReputationRep:
    Why?....
    Girls aren't any less superficial than guys, they just don't make it quite so obvious (for a while anyway...)

Girls ARE less superficial than guys, you might not be, but girls oin the whole are. Thats why ive had girlfriends before

ReputationRep:
    You say that, but is being interested in a guy for money over looks any less superficial than a guy being interested in a girl for looks over personality or money?

ReputationRep:
    You say that, but is being interested in a guy for money over looks any less superficial than a guy being interested in a girl for looks over personality or money?
    Ok, not every girl goes for rich guys.
    Obviously if you had a choice...

ReputationRep:
    Ok, not every girl goes for rich guys.
    Obviously if you had a choice...
    Not every guy goes for beautiful girls either, but as a pattern of behaviour, wealth is more important to women, whereas looks are more important to guys.

is it really reasonable to suggest that one is any more shallow than the other?

ReputationRep:
    Not every guy goes for beautiful girls either, but as a pattern of behaviour, wealth is more important to women, whereas looks are more important to guys.

is it really reasonable to suggest that one is any more shallow than the other?
    Everyone's shallow. Some people are just better at hiding it than others.

ReputationRep:
    Everyone's shallow. Some people are just better at hiding it than others.
    To quote The Fonz... exactamundo!

ReputationRep:
    To quote The Fonz... exactamundo!
    Anybody who replies with that can be my friend.

ReputationRep:
    Anybody who replies with that can be my friend.
    Whatchoo talkin' 'bout, Willis?

....no?

ReputationRep:
    Whatchoo talkin' 'bout, Willis?

....no?
    What?

Anyway this is getting really confusing now - I'm only really talking to you on like 3 dfferent threads - can we just pick 1...

ReputationRep:
    Never mind. I have failed.

ReputationRep:
    Never mind. I have failed.
    Failed what?

I have a 7 day hangover - any mind games are lost on me right now...

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 15, 2006
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.