Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    The Lloyds TSB one because it is EXACTLY the same as the HSBC one but the free non-existant railcard.

One of the offers it gives you is a free phone, well you basically get the chance to sign up for a contract phone. I have decided (as has my mother) this will be a good idea.
    My mum has said they will pay the line rental of up to £20 a month as long as I pay for all the calls etc.

So...what phone do I get, and on which network?

http://www.dialaphone.co.uk/ltsbstudent

I want one that I can take photos with but doesn't cost a bomb to use...any thoughts an ideas and experiences would be much appreciated!

ReputationRep:
    my friend has the one which u take photo's with, he has no complaints. I'm not a mobile phone person tho, so i dont know - don't trust me , all i know is that HSBC fucing rule

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danithestudent)
    The Lloyds TSB one because it is EXACTLY the same as the HSBC one but the free non-existant railcard.

One of the offers it gives you is a free phone, well you basically get the chance to sign up for a contract phone. I have decided (as has my mother) this will be a good idea.
    My mum has said they will pay the line rental of up to £20 a month as long as I pay for all the calls etc.

So...what phone do I get, and on which network?

http://www.dialaphone.co.uk/ltsbstudent

I want one that I can take photos with but doesn't cost a bomb to use...any thoughts an ideas and experiences would be much appreciated!
    Three's current offerings are pretty awesome. £25 per month will get you 500 minutes to any network at any time... or 500 free texts. The choice is yours.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tednol)
    Three's current offerings are pretty awesome. £25 per month will get you 500 minutes to any network at any time... or 500 free texts. The choice is yours.
    Yeah I also like T-Mobile. I used to hate them but now I've been with them nearly 2 years, I've never had to pay for voicemail and my texts are ten pence.

My calls can range from 30p to 10p depending on how much I put on.

However I text a lot so lots of free texts would be good, however with 3 don't you get video mobile which costs a bundle?

ReputationRep:
    it's 3:30 go to bed! I wish I could!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by me!)
    it's 3:30 go to bed! I wish I could!
    Can't be arsed, I'm not tired.

Mmm that 3 phone looks pleasing...as well as it's not that expensive to run. However the £25 a month seems daunting...

that's like £300 a year....

ReputationRep:
    The thing I find most daunting about it all is having a direct debit for it.

Only grown ups have direct debits :|

ReputationRep:

Mmm that 3 phone looks pleasing...as well as it's not that expensive to run. However the £25 a month seems daunting...

that's like £300 a year....

I'd love to be able to sleep! I have to finish art coursework by tomorrow (today!) I've got to be at school in 4 hours...

ReputationRep:
    i am very, nite

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by me!)

I'd love to be able to sleep! I have to finish art coursework by tomorrow (today!) I've got to be at school in 4 hours...
    *Reads your mind*

Media Studies

ReputationRep:
    don't get one on Orange. if you run out of credit (it can happen with contract phones as well as PAYG) you cannot get incomming calls.

Also go for a contract that doesn't charge for 'cross network'. Oh and don't bother with the insurance. You can get a mobile put on normal insurance for pennies, the person selling the phone will tell you you can't but don't believe them. I've had 3 handsets lost or stolen all replaced by my insurance within 48 hours.

ReputationRep:
    I think I'm going to go for this one.
    http://www.dialaphone.co.uk/offerdet...e=500VT15&ID=1

It seems like a good deal, especially if you look at the tariff.

I'm sick of pay as you go

ReputationRep:
    I think I'm going to go for this one.
    http://www.dialaphone.co.uk/offerdet...e=500VT15&ID=1

It seems like a good deal, especially if you look at the tariff.

I'm sick of pay as you go
    That one looks good, but just check on the free texts thing: from what it says I'd guess you get 1000 free texts/month for the first three months, or the middle 3 months, or something, but it doesn't say you get any free texts at all outside that.
    The free minutes are good though.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 7, 2004
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.