Ok, So I've decided on a bank account...

Watch
This discussion is closed.
Danithestudent
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
The Lloyds TSB one because it is EXACTLY the same as the HSBC one but the free non-existant railcard.

One of the offers it gives you is a free phone, well you basically get the chance to sign up for a contract phone. I have decided (as has my mother) this will be a good idea.
My mum has said they will pay the line rental of up to £20 a month as long as I pay for all the calls etc.

So...what phone do I get, and on which network?

http://www.dialaphone.co.uk/ltsbstudent

I want one that I can take photos with but doesn't cost a bomb to use...any thoughts an ideas and experiences would be much appreciated!
Baron
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
my friend has the one which u take photo's with, he has no complaints. I'm not a mobile phone person tho, so i dont know - don't trust me , all i know is that HSBC fucing rule
Tednol
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Danithestudent)
The Lloyds TSB one because it is EXACTLY the same as the HSBC one but the free non-existant railcard.

One of the offers it gives you is a free phone, well you basically get the chance to sign up for a contract phone. I have decided (as has my mother) this will be a good idea.
My mum has said they will pay the line rental of up to £20 a month as long as I pay for all the calls etc.

So...what phone do I get, and on which network?

http://www.dialaphone.co.uk/ltsbstudent

I want one that I can take photos with but doesn't cost a bomb to use...any thoughts an ideas and experiences would be much appreciated!
Three's current offerings are pretty awesome. £25 per month will get you 500 minutes to any network at any time... or 500 free texts. The choice is yours.
Danithestudent
Rep:
?
(Original post by Tednol)
Three's current offerings are pretty awesome. £25 per month will get you 500 minutes to any network at any time... or 500 free texts. The choice is yours.
Yeah I also like T-Mobile. I used to hate them but now I've been with them nearly 2 years, I've never had to pay for voicemail and my texts are ten pence.

My calls can range from 30p to 10p depending on how much I put on.

However I text a lot so lots of free texts would be good, however with 3 don't you get video mobile which costs a bundle?
me!
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
it's 3:30 go to bed! I wish I could!
Danithestudent
Rep:
?
(Original post by me!)
it's 3:30 go to bed! I wish I could!
Can't be arsed, I'm not tired.

Mmm that 3 phone looks pleasing...as well as it's not that expensive to run. However the £25 a month seems daunting...

that's like £300 a year....
Danithestudent
Rep:
?
The thing I find most daunting about it all is having a direct debit for it.

Only grown ups have direct debits :|
me!
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago

Mmm that 3 phone looks pleasing...as well as it's not that expensive to run. However the £25 a month seems daunting...

that's like £300 a year....

I'd love to be able to sleep! I have to finish art coursework by tomorrow (today!) I've got to be at school in 4 hours...
Baron
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i am very, nite
Danithestudent
Rep:
?
(Original post by me!)

I'd love to be able to sleep! I have to finish art coursework by tomorrow (today!) I've got to be at school in 4 hours...
*Reads your mind*

Media Studies
sashh
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
don't get one on Orange. if you run out of credit (it can happen with contract phones as well as PAYG) you cannot get incomming calls.

Also go for a contract that doesn't charge for 'cross network'. Oh and don't bother with the insurance. You can get a mobile put on normal insurance for pennies, the person selling the phone will tell you you can't but don't believe them. I've had 3 handsets lost or stolen all replaced by my insurance within 48 hours.
Danithestudent
Rep:
?
I think I'm going to go for this one.
http://www.dialaphone.co.uk/offerdet...e=500VT15&ID=1

It seems like a good deal, especially if you look at the tariff.

I'm sick of pay as you go
++Hex++
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I think I'm going to go for this one.
http://www.dialaphone.co.uk/offerdet...e=500VT15&ID=1

It seems like a good deal, especially if you look at the tariff.

I'm sick of pay as you go
That one looks good, but just check on the free texts thing: from what it says I'd guess you get 1000 free texts/month for the first three months, or the middle 3 months, or something, but it doesn't say you get any free texts at all outside that.
The free minutes are good though.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you finding researching unis for 2021 entry?

I have been able to get all the information I need from online research (73)
18.53%
I have tried virtual events and found them useful (79)
20.05%
I have tried virtual events and did not find them useful (75)
19.04%
I would be interested in trying socially distanced or scaled down in person events (85)
21.57%
I want to but don't know where to start with researching unis for 2021 entry (41)
10.41%
I haven't started researching yet (41)
10.41%

Watched Threads