The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I call bull**** on this. If your gf was 'everything' to you and you 'love her to bits', you wouldn't have done it. I'd tell her; she deserves better.
Original post by FasterThanFTL
No. You did nothing wrong. You didn't commit a crime, you didn't do anything illegal. I don't see what all the fuss is about. A man can never be satisfied by just a single woman (no woman is that good), you're always free to do whatever you want with whoever you want, at any time, no matter who you're with. Unless you are married. Anything goes. Just have fun man, make the most of it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's things like this that make me wish we had neg rep back.
Original post by The Juan
No you should not tell her, it is for the best. What she doesn't know won't hurt her right. Plus it was not your fault, you were under the influence of alcohol and were took advantage of, you were the victim.

And who's fault was it he was "hammered"? He hasn't said he was forced to kiss this girl, or even that she initiated it. He got drunk and hit on someone else when he was meant to be in a comitted relationship. How does that make him the victim?

No. You did nothing wrong. You didn't commit a crime, you didn't do anything illegal. I don't see what all the fuss is about. A man can never be satisfied by just a single woman (no woman is that good), you're always free to do whatever you want with whoever you want, at any time, no matter who you're with. Unless you are married. Anything goes. Just have fun man, make the most of it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's fair enough only if his girlfriend is aware that's what he's signed up to. There's absolutely nothing wrong with polygamy, there's everything wrong with breaking someone's trust when you're supposedly exclusive and monogamous with them.
Woah. Damn.
My advice: never drink alcohol without awareness in a club.
And no, do not tell her as nothing will be achieved, it will only shatter.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You should have this quote on your forehead for any potential girlfriend to know whats she's getting into. Disgusting.
The most honest and appropriate thing to do? Tell her.
Most males on this post have said don't tell her- girls find out absolutely everything one way or another, and I promise you that. The guilt will overcome you. If you hide something now, you'll have negative thoughts and may not be truthful in the future. Yes you may argue and whatnot, but if there's a chance that she'll forgive you then isn't it worth it? But to be perfectly honest, and being blunt is what's needed... Are you sure you're in love with her when in your drunken state you'll kiss someone else?
Original post by bethabbott
Most males on this post have said don't tell her- girls find out absolutely everything one way or another, and I promise you that. The guilt will overcome you. If you hide something now, you'll have negative thoughts and may not be truthful in the future. Yes you may argue and whatnot, but if there's a chance that she'll forgive you then isn't it worth it? But to be perfectly honest, and being blunt is what's needed... Are you sure you're in love with her when in your drunken state you'll kiss someone else?

*This*. So much this.
Original post by Mr Inquisitive
*This*. So much this.

Speaking from personal experience makes very good advice :redface:
Speaking from personal experience makes very good advice :redface:

Ah, that's very unfortunate. You seem wise as a result though - great advice :smile:
I'm a girl and would advise you not to tell her. It was just a kiss. Hardly a big deal. It'll cause more hurt than it's worth
Original post by Olderandwiser23
I'm a girl and would advise you not to tell her. It was just a kiss. Hardly a big deal. It'll cause more hurt than it's worth

"It was just a kiss" A kiss is something that should only be shared with someone who means something to you. It's already causing him hurt because he feels guilty for doing it, but surely it's better to be told now rather than 5 months later when she finds out and accuses him of hiding it. If the relationship has lasted for the length of time that it has, then it shouldn't be "just a kiss."
Reply 31
I will answer with a question.

Would you want her to tell you if the situation was in reverse?
Reply 32

^^^^ follow her advice. Tell her. She'd appreciate you telling her, as much it may upset her, rather than someone else telling her. I agree that, if you love her as much as you say, you wouldn't have kissed another.
"It was just a kiss" A kiss is something that should only be shared with someone who means something to you. It's already causing him hurt because he feels guilty for doing it, but surely it's better to be told now rather than 5 months later when she finds out and accuses him of hiding it. If the relationship has lasted for the length of time that it has, then it shouldn't be "just a kiss."

Lol if a kiss is something people only if they mean each other to something, the term "on the pull" wouldn't exist.
Reply 34
I call bull**** on this. If your gf was 'everything' to you and you 'love her to bits', you wouldn't have done it. I'd tell her; she deserves better.

Original post by Lowerty
I will answer with a question.

Would you want her to tell you if the situation was in reverse?

This. I can't believe there are morons out there who think it's a cool thing not to tell. I can tell they are going to be great partners one day ...
P.S. To OP: you dare to say 'never'? Does that mean you can promise to never grab alcohol again?
Lol if a kiss is something people only if they mean each other to something, the term "on the pull" wouldn't exist.

If you're in a relationship, then a kiss means something. If you're single and thirsty for some attention, then yeah, a kiss means nothing. The thing is, he's in a relationship and should respect intimacy between him and his girlfriend.
Reply 36

Stop trying to act all clever. It doesn't work - most people know 'kiss' counts as cheating.

Woeful response
Woeful response

"Older and wiser" as well... :rolleyes:
Original post by Anonymous
Two nights ago I went out and got absolutely hammered.

I ended up in a club with a group of people I don t know and kissed one of them.

I love my girlfriend to bits. She is everything to me. We have been together for nearly 4 years and now we live together. I just can t imagine ever being without her.

I absolutely hate myself for doing this. Since I don t really know who I was with, it s unlikely that my girlfriend would find out about this from anyone else, but obviously I am racked with guilt.

It will never happen again but do people think it s better to tell her and risk the relationship either ending or suffering as a result or just live with the guilt?

Keep your mouth closed