Do I tell my girlfriend that I kissed another girl? Watch

Olderandwiser23
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Green_Pink)
It can when she finds out later, or when the relationship fails because he feels guilty and there's obviously no trust.
The likelihood of her finding out is slim as he doesn't even know who it was he snogged. And what if she asks "who was it?" And he can't answer. It's just gonna cause a s*it storm. Or he could get over it and be a really good bf and keep her happy,
Green_Pink
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Olderandwiser23)
The likelihood of her finding out is slim as he doesn't even know who it was he snogged. And what if she asks "who was it?" And he can't answer. It's just gonna cause a s*it storm. Or he could get over it and be a really good bf and keep her happy,
It's too late for that. If I had a BF who did this, I'd rather know than not. She has a right to decide whether or not she wants to keep going with him regardless or not.
M !
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Olderandwiser23)
a really good bf wouldn't knowingly do something and not take responsibility - any decisions should be in the hands of the person who was wronged otherwise you end up with **** like
"i cheated on my girl 500 times but she doesn't know about any of them and she's happy so i'm still a good bf lol"
controlledpuppet
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
You better man up and just tell her. The truth can hurt her, but at least you don't have to keep this burden around and contemplating on consequences of not telling her. Ultimately she has to decide whether or not a kiss is enough to break or continue your relationship.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I have told her.
SophieSmall
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm going to put it like this OP.
If my boyfriend told me he drunkenly kissed someone in a club I would be very upset but there's a large chance I'd forgive him. However if I found out from someone else as he wasn't honest I would leave him as soon as I found out.
High Stakes
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I have told her.
And what happened?
Mr Inquisitive
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I have told her.
Good job. I do hope you've gone to see her; she's going to need someone to talk to.
High Stakes
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Mr Inquisitive)
Good job. I do hope you've gone to see her; she's going to need someone to talk to.
When did Satan start replying to relationship threads?
The Juan
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Green_Pink)
And who's fault was it he was "hammered"? He hasn't said he was forced to kiss this girl, or even that she initiated it. He got drunk and hit on someone else when he was meant to be in a comitted relationship. How does that make him the victim?

That's fair enough only if his girlfriend is aware that's what he's signed up to. There's absolutely nothing wrong with polygamy, there's everything wrong with breaking someone's trust when you're supposedly exclusive and monogamous with them.
Men can be victims of sexual pressures too or is that only exclusive to women?
redleader1
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I dont really drink or anything but did you know what you were doing ? OK you were drunk but still you cant have that as an excuse ? You say you love her but why didnt that thought come accross your mind when you were getting drunk or when you went in to kiss the other girl ?

Would you like it if you gf did this ?
anonymouspie227
Badges: 19
Report 4 years ago
to be fair it was just a kiss, but if I was the gf in this situation i'd want to know.
Green_Pink
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by The Juan)
Men can be victims of sexual pressures too or is that only exclusive to women?
I'd say it was less likely, and in any case the OP hasn't suggested that happened at all.
Mark.c719
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
There were tears from both of us. I haven't been kicked out of the flat but I am (deservedly) a long way from forgiveness.

Yes, I do love her as much as I say, which is why I am so devastated by my idiotic actions.

Telling her was definitely the right thing to do though, so thank you for those that said as much.
LTG
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Why the phuck would you even ask this?

Of course you shouldn't tell her.
Mr Inquisitive
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Mark.c719)
There were tears from both of us. I haven't been kicked out of the flat but I am (deservedly) a long way from forgiveness.

Yes, I do love her as much as I say, which is why I am so devastated by my idiotic actions.

Telling her was definitely the right thing to do though, so thank you for those that said as much.
I hope things work out.
Aph
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Mark.c719)

WeLl done
matthewduncan
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
The future generations of men are gonna be something else.
Yellow bellied softies filled with emotions and feelings smh.
matthewduncan
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by WeedCanKill)
Could've been avoided if you'd have just taken the womanly way out and blamed the alcohol or your partner, thereby absolving yourself of all guilt. Still, well done for making your life 100x harder I guess.

Don't be surprised if you find out your girlfriend has cheated on you in revenge.
its inevitable
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
it is never okay to do that even when under the influence. i just told my girlfriend that i kissed another girl and i know deep down it was wrong and not right but i also didn’t like the feeling of keeping something like that from a women that i love to death. it felt good to tell her but at the same time it feels bad that you have to tell them. honesty is key in a relationship and needs to be a main factor in it too. trust me it’s worth it and she might be upset but it’s better in the end to be honest instead of it killing you inside because of what you did and the fact that you did it to someone you love.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you work while at uni?

Yes I work at university (20)
42.55%
No I don't (18)
38.3%
I work during the holidays (9)
19.15%

Watched Threads