The Student Room Group
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
no idea, however ive noticed someone as blue and white ones in their windows so you shoulld be ok unless that is you anyway?

in about flat 10 im geussing
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website
Reply 2
alex p
no idea, however ive noticed someone as blue and white ones in their windows so you shoulld be ok unless that is you anyway?

in about flat 10 im geussing

Haha, that is me!

I thought I'd put em up and see what happens.
Reply 3
lol, fair enough, they look pretty cool :p:
Reply 4
I dont think theres any problem with them, I knew quite alot of pople who had em last year and nothing was said :smile: I mean its not as if there on all the time anyway (such as a wee mini fridge, which people still had and just hid in there friends rooms when inspection came)
Reply 5
are we not allowed personal fridges then?

if it was metioned during the wardens meeting i missed that, but was under the presumption that anything under 6 a is cool
Reply 6
Well we were told last year we werent allowed mini fridges, it was also on the accommodation office website. Because of the elec usage.
Reply 7
Unless you pay for electric like we in Monte 4 too :rolleyes: And yet we're still not allowed...
Reply 8
Monte 4 = lusers

:p:
Reply 9
Nope, we're superior :wink:
Reply 10
You are kinda out of the way though, my window looks out over the main entrance.

On the ground floor too :smile: oh the convenience
Reply 11
Pfft, top floor - suckage :rolleyes:

What block you in?
Reply 12
Block C, heh, as you come through the gates its the block immediately on the right (my kitchen overlooks the reception). From the gates you can actually see my window (ground floor, think its 3 windows along the block)
I had fairy lights in halls for 2 years nothing was said. It was Chamberlain and Richard Newitt. I also had a mini fridge in the 2nd year which I did unplug and put in the bottom of the wardrobe for room inspections. My Fairy lights wasn't in my window I sellotaped them to my ceiling in a swirl and I also had a set running along my bookshelf, left them there whilst the room inspections went on and nothing was said.
Reply 14
toipot2
Block C, heh, as you come through the gates its the block immediately on the right (my kitchen overlooks the reception). From the gates you can actually see my window (ground floor, think its 3 windows along the block)

Cool, though you probably get loads of people past your window late at night :wink:

I'm block W, right at the top (third room from the left) and I get Stoneham as a view :redface: Wahey :rolleyes:
Reply 15
uhh, dont know whether you know by now but im pretty sure fairey lights arent aloud. a girl in my flat failed her inspection today because they are an apparent "fire hazard" so if you havent had yours allready you might want to take them down :wink:
Reply 16
alex p
uhh, dont know whether you know by now but im pretty sure fairey lights arent aloud. a girl in my flat failed her inspection today because they are an apparent "fire hazard" so if you havent had yours allready you might want to take them down :wink:

I had mine up during my inspection and passed. But mine are battery powered not mains powered, maybe that's why :smile:
Reply 17
ok, thats cool, just wanted to make sure you got through ok cause its unfair to pay extortionate prices to live there, and then get fined or whaever just cause they enjoy being pedantic.

just to make sure, youre the talya in my earth and ocean lecture arent you?
Reply 18
alex p

just to make sure, youre the talya in my earth and ocean lecture arent you?
No I do not take any Earth and Ocean Sciences! How can there be another Talya? Is she Natalya?

I am the only Talya in this village!
Reply 19
interesting, i could just be messing everything up. it could be geomorphological processes or something geographic / geological. either that or there is another person called talya here. damnit im so confused.

Latest

Trending

Trending