Turn on thread page Beta

A2 Psychology coursework - results don't support hypothesis watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Does it matter if my experiment hasn't worked? I.e. if the results I got don't back up my hypothesis?

Will I get marked down for hypothesising something that isn't actually true, according to my results?

ReputationRep:
    No, I don't think so. I think if you initially predict that "X experiment will result in Y conclusion", you just have to conclude at the end of your report that your predictions didn't come true, and possibly explain why. I think you'd only lose points for omitting that kind of conclusion from the report.

ReputationRep:
    In a way its good to have flaws as you can go into detail in the discussion part. My teacher told me it doesnt matter and you just have to say your Null Hypothesis has been accepted and the Experimental rejected.

ReputationRep:
    Of course you wont get marked down! You just have to reject your hypothesis and accept you null hypothesis i.e "there will be no significant difference between X and Y and any difference found will have occured by chance"

ReputationRep:
    Okay phew! Thanks guys...I thought I was going to have to redo my entire coursework there

Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.