Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I often wear high heels/stilettos when I go out but my feet literally KILL me after a couple of hours! I always end up taking them off at the end of the night. And yet everyone else thats wearing high heels seems to be fine, and having a good time dancing :confused: , whereas im always in complete agony!

I think most girls can appreciate how hard it is to find dressy low heeled shoes, and lets face it high heels just look so sexy! Ive tried gel insoles and they help a bit but they always fall out of sandals. And im fairly used to wearing heels so maybe I should wear them more to get used to the pain?!

Any advice appreciated!

Thanks x

ReputationRep:
    I have no idea... maybe wear them round the house more often like you say to get used to them?

Where do you get your shoes from? I think that depends too on how comfy they are, for example I personally cannot get shoes from New Look or DP because they kill my feet!

Aswell, it might be that everyone elses feet are killing them too but they dont want to say anything!!

ReputationRep:
    It has a bit to do with your weight aswell I believe, I weigh a bit more than my mates and I'm always in agony no matter how high the heel need to lose weight

ReputationRep:
    Never wear heels all day, or even to 'get used to the pain'. It will make your feet worse and worse over the ages. Believe me. I think I have these calluses at the bottom of my feet after spending years of orchestra rehearsals and shopping trips in heels. Now I only wear them on the weekends b/c there's no school and it will be agony after 30 minutes.

ReputationRep:
    its also to do with the qualitly of the shoes you're wearing!! iused to war manky cheap ones from new look and then i bought an amazing pair from bertie which i have to wear to college on tuesdays (uniform) and yeah my feet are killing but the shoes are not ruined by me wearing them from 8-till 5 etc..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joystar*)
    I have no idea... maybe wear them round the house more often like you say to get used to them?

Where do you get your shoes from? I think that depends too on how comfy they are, for example I personally cannot get shoes from New Look or DP because they kill my feet!

Aswell, it might be that everyone elses feet are killing them too but they dont want to say anything!!

Well I usually wear my Ted Baker ones when i go out!

ReputationRep:
    As for calluses under feet, I wear heels all the time and have them but my mum has them in the same places and she always wears flat shoes. Personally for me I think I'd have them regardless of my footwear because I walk a lot.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    i can run in my heels! and they're high hehe. i guess it takes getting used to.i mean the first few times i wear a new pair they always kill me but after a while,they don't.but if you were them for long periods too often and running and stuff,it will hurt.

ReputationRep:
    Just wear them for longer.
    Keep them on in the house?

If nothing changes after a week, then stop wearing them.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    a week? lol we're talking about 2 weeks for your feet to get used to them...a week my bum :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by January Victim)
    a week? lol we're talking about 2 weeks for your feet to get used to them...a week my bum :p:
    Men know nothing about shoes though, haha. I really don't get it though, why wear heals? Why?
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    coz some guys love girls in them.and some guys have a fetish for them,they make you look taller.they make your bum stick out which is an evolutionary sign that makes men think women are more fertile so basically men are attracted to you...

ReputationRep:
    coz some guys love girls in them.and some guys have a fetish for them,they make you look taller.they make your bum stick out which is an evolutionary sign that makes men think women are more fertile so basically men are attracted to you...
    Yeah I know that already, but why would you go though the pain just for that?
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    well they're really nice.i have a thing for underwear and shoes...so when i see a really nice..no..great looking pair of shoes,i consider the pain factor vs how good they look,feel,and how good i'll look in them.

ReputationRep:
    well they're really nice.i have a thing for underwear and shoes...so when i see a really nice..no..great looking pair of shoes,i consider the pain factor vs how good they look,feel,and how good i'll look in them.
    But some many women has really bad feet because they wear heals (stilettos), given they may look sexy and all, but the pain on your feet, god, I'm glad I'm not a girl, with my feet I wouldn't be wearing high heals. (my feet hurt in comfortable trainers, I have bad feet, need an operation, hence why I think women are crazy putting themselves in so much pain just to look good, but that's just me, I don't mind if a girl is wearing them or not, makes no difference to me).
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    lol well i only buy shoes if i know the pain factor won't be too high.90% of the time i'm wearing flats,or flip flops or trainers which are extra comfortable.i only wear heels when it's important or the occassion calls it..not like if i'm going to tesco's or something :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    lol well i only buy shoes if i know the pain factor won't be too high.90% of the time i'm wearing flats,or flip flops or trainers which are extra comfortable.i only wear heels when it's important or the occassion calls it..not like if i'm going to tesco's or something :rolleyes:
    That would be stupid wearing them to go to tesco's or any other supermarket, lol. OK fair enough the one off is ok. Flats are better for the feet, but since there seems to be something of a culture for wearing heals I'll just have to accept it.
    I like to walk around the house bear footed, as my feet are so bad that any form of shoe can hurt after a while, but that's because of my feet being messed up beyond belief.

Gosh, I wore them all the time and got used to them, now I love them and they're so comfy

Gotta get used to balancing and walking in them
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    heels are fun is what i say. you just need time for your feet to get used to them.

ReputationRep:
    heels are fun is what i say. you just need time for your feet to get used to them.
    So they really aren't as bad as they look, some girls I've seen look like they can only just stand in them...

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.