Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    What do you guys think of the look of short shorts, tights and maybe court shoes? I really want to get some shorts to wear out but it's getting quite chilly and i think the tights will also make my legs look better, not that they're too bad lol. Cheers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by d32)
    What do you guys think of the look of short shorts, tights and maybe court shoes? I really want to get some shorts to wear out but it's getting quite chilly and i think the tights will also make my legs look better, not that they're too bad lol. Cheers.
    That could work, depends on the colour...of both really. Don't see it would be a problem really.

ReputationRep:
    If they're short shorts and you can pull it off, I think that'd look OK. If they're not short enough, it might look a bit strange. Or I suppose you could wear them with see-through tights for the warmth?

ReputationRep:
    If they're see-through tights, maybe... otherwise, I think just no! Not unless you've got more panache than anyone I've ever seen, anyway...

Sorry, I tend to be a bit conservative on these things. :p:

ReputationRep:
    A girl in my sixth form has started to wear shorts and tights... it looks rather strange... ruins her figure too.

Just my thoughts on a particluar person... for all i know you look lovely in them! Try it out and see what people think!

ReputationRep:
    Shorts and tights, not seen them worn together much.
    I guess so long as the colours match or something, it'd look okay?

Beats trousers

ReputationRep:
    I haven't seen many people try that...

But last week I did see a girl wearing a dark grey pair of tailored checked shorts with black see-through tights and knee-length black boots...I think she pulled it off quite well, though I wouldn't wear it and don't think its a trend many can work...

ReputationRep:
    I think it can be a great look, though as someone said, you do need quite a bit of panache to make it look cool as opposed to stupid! I think so long as the shorts are quite a neutral colour, or denim, then they look good with black opaques. I like the OP's idea of pairing this combo with court shoes

ReputationRep:
    Loads of people I know do that and I think it looks really nice. Go for it!

Gemma

ReputationRep:
    I've seen loads of people wearing shorts and tights i think it looks really nice!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for all the replies, i think i'm gonna go for it!

ReputationRep:
    Yeh, ive seen loads of people doing this look too! With boots. I think it looks nice.

ReputationRep:
    ooo post a photo, i want to see what it looks like

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by d32)
    Thanks for all the replies, i think i'm gonna go for it!
    Take a picture so we can all see, and see if we got it right!

ReputationRep:
    It is a classic look that was used very much in the 1980's after Catherine Bach played Daisy Duke in the TV series The Dukes of Hazzard. Daisy Duke wears tights and her "Daisy Duke" short shorts, and in a few episodes she wore darker tights and it always looked stunning.

Here is a typical picture of her wearing her normal tights
    http://wildbill.nulldevice.net/galle...neBach_K28.jpg

ReputationRep:
    Everyone at my college is wearing shorts and tights; they look really nice on most people, and make a good change from jeans.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Galatea)
    Everyone at my college is wearing shorts and tights; they look really nice on most people, and make a good change from jeans.
    It sounds like someone started a trend there.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.