The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Mistake in Writing Sample

Sent out my application for MSc film studies 2 weeks ago. The program asks for a writing sample so I used an excerpt from my undergraduate thesis (literary research). Today I realized that the excerpt had been taken from an older draft which contains a minor mistake (wrong historical information).

So at this stage should I just cross my fingers and hope for the best? or should I email them and ask If I could provide them a new one?
Original post by doctornuke
Sent out my application for MSc film studies 2 weeks ago. The program asks for a writing sample so I used an excerpt from my undergraduate thesis (literary research). Today I realized that the excerpt had been taken from an older draft which contains a minor mistake (wrong historical information).

So at this stage should I just cross my fingers and hope for the best? or should I email them and ask If I could provide them a new one?

No harm in asking :smile: just explain what happened and see how it goes. Even if they don't allow you to send a new one, at least they know that it's an older draft.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending