Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    right well i was thinking about getting my ear pierced again, either a cartilage piercing, or in the fleshy part, just higher up than a "normal" lobe piercing wud be...

kinda wanting to get it done tomorrow if at all poss, but does anyone on here from the Leeds area know where would be best - I've been told the Leeds Piercing Studio is good, but maybe more into kinda more outlandish piercings, and I've heard mixed stuff about Pagn piercing, so any suggesstions?

otherwsie I'll have to find somewhere in Lufbra, so anyone know of anywhere decent there lemme know too!! cheers

ReputationRep:
    anyone?

ReputationRep:
    Most places that don't use guns are pretty reputable.
    Go to BMEzine.com and look up the studios and read the experiences, see if they sound good or not.

ReputationRep:
    i know the clares accessories near me use guns to peirce ears.
    i was shocked

ReputationRep:
    I thought it was still ok to use a gun on the lobe? Am i wrong?!

ReputationRep:
    youre not meant to use guns anymore

ReputationRep:
    It's not a good idea to use a piercing gun ever. They can't be sterilised, so can carry the hepatitis virus. The studs used are dull and tear through the skin, causing more damage and pain than a needle. The studs also don't allow for swelling so they can leave people with studs embedded in a swollen ear.

The butterfly backs trap dirt and bacteria which is going to give you a higher chance of getting an infection. Plus the guns are innaccurate and often malfunction and only half pierce the ear or get stuck and have to be tugged out of a fresh wound.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 15, 2006
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.