Turn on thread page Beta

what does this mean?? watch

Announcements

Ok, so I went to a party the other day, and ended up chatting away to a girl on my course who i talk to quite a bit in lectures, etc. Anyway, another girl started flirting with me, but the first girl came over after about 15 minutes, and told me that she felt jealous and asked if i fancied her (which I did, but im a relatively shy guy so I didnt act on my feelings before). So I told her I did as well, and we started kissing, and I walked her home, etc, and she sent me texts saying she had a great time and wanted to see me again soon. However, we did have rather a lot to drink.

The next day I asked her to another party that night, and she said that she couldnt come because she was very tired, and then she said she would like to take a step back(she didnt specify a 'step back just for now', just a step back). But we had been getting on so well before that and the night before went really well, so I was left very confused by this. Does she mean she wants to just stay friends forever, perhaps it was just the alcohol affecting her...or does she think im moving too fast, and just wants a few weeks to settle in? I havent had much experience with girlfriends before so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    It sounds like maybe you got a tad too full on in your texting.

ReputationRep:
    She might be playing hard to get.

ReputationRep:
    maybe she wasn't expecting to kiss you at the party, and wants time to think about what the kissing may mean and lead to... (i have done this before) maybe she just needs some time?

ReputationRep:
    Just don't rush things. Keep up the friendly stuff but don't overdo it.

ReputationRep:
    Be her friend, lay off a bit and if she still flirts and hints, she wants to be chased.

ReputationRep:
    Get her drunk and get her shagged.

Ok thanks for the info, the general consensus seems to be dont rush and see how things go, ill stick to that i guess, i just wanted a girls opinion on how far back a 'step back' usually means.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Ok thanks for the info, the general consensus seems to be dont rush and see how things go, ill stick to that i guess, i just wanted a girls opinion on how far back a 'step back' usually means.
    Well, I'm not a girl, but I disagree with the general consensus. It probably means ''p*** off, you're a t*** etc''.

Harsh, but you need to be told.

ReputationRep:
    She sounds like a bit of a selfish attention seeker, even if she was drunk. She didn't like the fact you were flirting with another girl so moved in and now that the other girl is gone, she's not quite so interested.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.