This discussion is closed.
tammypotato
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
i dont know wot to do! my tooth hurts soooooo much im dying .... but im too scared to go to the dentist
Heidi
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by tammypotato)
i dont know wot to do! my tooth hurts soooooo much im dying .... but im too scared to go to the dentist
What's wrong with ur tooth?
SpAnIsH_fLy
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i think its far more better than a few minutes of pain when ure dentist sorts out ure tooth than endless agony if u dont get that tooth looked at.
tammypotato
Rep:
?
(Original post by Heidi)
What's wrong with ur tooth?
my feeling is gone into my tooth because the whole got bigger (hard 2 explain but it kills)
SpAnIsH_fLy
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Ow!
u really need it checked
meepmeep
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
my feeling is gone into my tooth because the whole got bigger (hard 2 explain but it kills)
I had terrible toothache towards the end of last year (I'm a perpetual tooth grinder). Get your dentist to have a look at it. If he does any work, he'll put you under anesthetic, so the worst that can happen is you won't be able to feel your nose. I was terrified of the dentist as well, but have gradually gotten better over the years. The dentist I've got is really reasuring anyway. Have a chat to him/her about your apprehensions and I'm sure he/she will do their best to put you at ease.
Bitewing
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
What are you scared of? It can't be the pain, - if you're in agony already, it can't possibly hurt much more.
Everdawn
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Have a nasty glass of cheap vodka and youll be right.
Barny
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Oh man, I have the same problem. I never used to be scared of the dentist until I went 3 years ago and he put me in so much bloody pain. I actually felt like being sick. I need to go, but it would make me way too anxious at the moment/during exams so Ill go afterwards..
Barny
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Everdawn)
Have a nasty glass of cheap vodka and youll be right.
I thought youre not allowed to drink whilst under anesthetic?
Dazzya7
Report 16 years ago
lol and how old are you?
Eru Iluvatar
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Whats wrong with dentists?
Barny
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I had 4 fillings done..under general anaesthetic, was still the most painful thing thats ever happened to me. My whole body was tensed/shaking whilst he was drilling away at my teeth. Bloody horrible
Dazzya7
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by imasillynarb)
I had 4 fillings done..under general anaesthetic, was still the most painful thing thats ever happened to me. My whole body was tensed/shaking whilst he was drilling away at my teeth. Bloody horrible
LOL!
Eru Iluvatar
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by imasillynarb)
Would it have been better if he had left them?
Dazzya7
Report 16 years ago
i had to have 2 or 3 teeth removed when i was 11

she numbed my mouth and then pulled out the canine and two of the incisors i think
Barny
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Iluvatar)
Would it have been better if he had left them?
Well, I didnt even know I needed any fillings..I just had a routine yearly one, and suddenly he says' you Need 2 major fillins and 2 minor ones' So I was like....ok...he said '2 weeks well do 1 major and 1 minor, then 2 weeks later the next 2' So I thought...fair enough. Came back 2 weeks later, the pain was excrutiating...absolutely herendous. I cant describe how bad it was I was scared for my life the next 2 weeks before the last appointment. So, didnt even notice I needed fillings before I had them...so I guess it would of been better not having them done.
Paranoid_
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Dentists are the devil's advocate.

Seriously.
tammypotato
Rep:
?
(Original post by meepmeep)
I had terrible toothache towards the end of last year (I'm a perpetual tooth grinder). Get your dentist to have a look at it. If he does any work, he'll put you under anesthetic, so the worst that can happen is you won't be able to feel your nose. I was terrified of the dentist as well, but have gradually gotten better over the years. The dentist I've got is really reasuring anyway. Have a chat to him/her about your apprehensions and I'm sure he/she will do their best to put you at ease.
its the anesthetic injection im scared of coz it has such a weird taste and i always feel like yeurrrrrrkkkkk
ancksha
Report 16 years ago
cmon dont b scared of dentist they are here to help u. But if ur dentist equals a butcher, u are free to change him for someone else that is more gentle

I survived braces, pulling of 3 wisdom teeth and one is still waiting to be pulled out - so if i made it (and i squell for nothing usually), im sure u can go to ordinary dentist

Dentist dont bite, really
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your firm and insurance uni choices yet?

Yes (114)
55.34%
Yes, but I want to swap them (16)
7.77%
No, but I know who I want to choose (19)
9.22%
No, I still don't know who I want to choose (49)
23.79%
I have decided I don't want to go to uni anymore and will not be choosing (8)
3.88%

Watched Threads