Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i dont know wot to do! my tooth hurts soooooo much im dying .... but im too scared to go to the dentist

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tammypotato)
    i dont know wot to do! my tooth hurts soooooo much im dying .... but im too scared to go to the dentist
    What's wrong with ur tooth?

ReputationRep:
    i think its far more better than a few minutes of pain when ure dentist sorts out ure tooth than endless agony if u dont get that tooth looked at.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Heidi)
    What's wrong with ur tooth?
    my feeling is gone into my tooth because the whole got bigger (hard 2 explain but it kills)

ReputationRep:
    Ow!
    u really need it checked

ReputationRep:
    my feeling is gone into my tooth because the whole got bigger (hard 2 explain but it kills)
    I had terrible toothache towards the end of last year (I'm a perpetual tooth grinder). Get your dentist to have a look at it. If he does any work, he'll put you under anesthetic, so the worst that can happen is you won't be able to feel your nose. I was terrified of the dentist as well, but have gradually gotten better over the years. The dentist I've got is really reasuring anyway. Have a chat to him/her about your apprehensions and I'm sure he/she will do their best to put you at ease.

ReputationRep:
    What are you scared of? It can't be the pain, - if you're in agony already, it can't possibly hurt much more.

ReputationRep:
    Have a nasty glass of cheap vodka and youll be right.

ReputationRep:
    Oh man, I have the same problem. I never used to be scared of the dentist until I went 3 years ago and he put me in so much bloody pain. I actually felt like being sick. I need to go, but it would make me way too anxious at the moment/during exams so Ill go afterwards..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Everdawn)
    Have a nasty glass of cheap vodka and youll be right.
    I thought youre not allowed to drink whilst under anesthetic?

ReputationRep:
    lol and how old are you?

ReputationRep:
    Whats wrong with dentists?

ReputationRep:
    I had 4 fillings done..under general anaesthetic, was still the most painful thing thats ever happened to me. My whole body was tensed/shaking whilst he was drilling away at my teeth. Bloody horrible

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imasillynarb)
    I had 4 fillings done..under general anaesthetic, was still the most painful thing thats ever happened to me. My whole body was tensed/shaking whilst he was drilling away at my teeth. Bloody horrible
    LOL!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imasillynarb)
    Would it have been better if he had left them?

ReputationRep:
    i had to have 2 or 3 teeth removed when i was 11

she numbed my mouth and then pulled out the canine and two of the incisors i think

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iluvatar)
    Would it have been better if he had left them?
    Well, I didnt even know I needed any fillings..I just had a routine yearly one, and suddenly he says' you Need 2 major fillins and 2 minor ones' So I was like....ok...he said '2 weeks well do 1 major and 1 minor, then 2 weeks later the next 2' So I thought...fair enough. Came back 2 weeks later, the pain was excrutiating...absolutely herendous. I cant describe how bad it was I was scared for my life the next 2 weeks before the last appointment. So, didnt even notice I needed fillings before I had them...so I guess it would of been better not having them done.

ReputationRep:
    Dentists are the devil's advocate.

Seriously.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meepmeep)
    I had terrible toothache towards the end of last year (I'm a perpetual tooth grinder). Get your dentist to have a look at it. If he does any work, he'll put you under anesthetic, so the worst that can happen is you won't be able to feel your nose. I was terrified of the dentist as well, but have gradually gotten better over the years. The dentist I've got is really reasuring anyway. Have a chat to him/her about your apprehensions and I'm sure he/she will do their best to put you at ease.
    its the anesthetic injection im scared of coz it has such a weird taste and i always feel like yeurrrrrrkkkkk

ReputationRep:
    cmon dont b scared of dentist they are here to help u. But if ur dentist equals a butcher, u are free to change him for someone else that is more gentle

I survived braces, pulling of 3 wisdom teeth and one is still waiting to be pulled out - so if i made it (and i squell for nothing usually), im sure u can go to ordinary dentist

Dentist dont bite, really

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 8, 2004
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.