The Student Room Group

Masters for Charity Graduate Programmes.

For Ethical reasons I want to only look into the private or 3rd sector for employment and graduate schemes like Charityworks.

Currently I'm sat on a 2.2 and I've always planned to do a masters to build this and open more doors. For schemes such as these what sort of masters is preferable? My current degree is History and I am currently looking at courses such as Management and Charity Management, such as what is offered by St Mary's University. This will put my application for 2016/17 and such schemes ending with employment in 2017. In terms of funding value is important but not a must as I have come to agreements with my family as long as I enter into employment alongside the programmes as living in London will be more expensive than my current location (food, bills, gym, travel... that's about it). At the same time I need to make sure my masters is not too limiting if this direction of work falters.

Any suggestions for useful postgraduate courses/ where?

This Thread can be moved to more appropriate sub forums if deemed necessary by the moderators.
Hey, sorry to see you haven't had any replies to your thread yet. :frown: Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific university or course forum should help get more responses. :redface:

If you haven’t already found it, then university connect is a really useful way for finding people at your course/university! You can also find a list of applicant threads and courses here. :h: It's worth checking out if you have questions.

If you need advice on your academic work, then the Study Help section will be able to help you. :h: Hope this helps! :h:
Original post by Super Troll
For Ethical reasons I want to only look into the private or 3rd sector for employment and graduate schemes like Charityworks.

Currently I'm sat on a 2.2 and I've always planned to do a masters to build this and open more doors. For schemes such as these what sort of masters is preferable? My current degree is History and I am currently looking at courses such as Management and Charity Management, such as what is offered by St Mary's University. This will put my application for 2016/17 and such schemes ending with employment in 2017. In terms of funding value is important but not a must as I have come to agreements with my family as long as I enter into employment alongside the programmes as living in London will be more expensive than my current location (food, bills, gym, travel... that's about it). At the same time I need to make sure my masters is not too limiting if this direction of work falters.

Any suggestions for useful postgraduate courses/ where?

This Thread can be moved to more appropriate sub forums if deemed necessary by the moderators.

For a charity management programme honestly I doubt a masters will make a difference. Experience and how you answer the application questions/ come accross and your commitment to charity are far more important.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by jelly1000
For a charity management programme honestly I doubt a masters will make a difference. Experience and how you answer the application questions/ come accross and your commitment to charity are far more important.

It is still a prerequisite for certain programmes.
Reply 4
Original post by Tyler Bam
Hey, sorry to see you haven't had any replies to your thread yet. :frown: Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific university or course forum should help get more responses. :redface:

If you haven’t already found it, then university connect is a really useful way for finding people at your course/university! You can also find a list of applicant threads and courses here. :h: It's worth checking out if you have questions.

If you need advice on your academic work, then the Study Help section will be able to help you. :h: Hope this helps! :h:

Thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending