The Student Room Group

Do I stand a chance of doing Law at a RG????

My GCSE's were by all means atrocious, in case your wondering it was 1A,3B,7C(YES I got a C In English) I am however currently studying a levels and I am certain, I can get A's and Maybe 1 B across the board, as a minimum. However I would like to know whether my aspirations may appear to be quite ambitious and unrealistic. Also will my GCSE's severely disadvantage my uni applications. thanks In advance.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Absolutely. In the grand scheme of things gcses matter little unless your going for the top London unis and Oxbridge. Liverpool will definitely give you an offer and manchester and birmigham should provided your a levels
Reply 2
Original post by legendary1
My GCSE's were by all means atrocious, in case your wondering it was 1A,3B,7C(YES I got a C In English) I am however currently studying a levels and I am certain, I can get A's and Maybe 1 B across the board, as a minimum. However I would like to know whether my aspirations may appear to be quite ambitious and unrealistic. Also will my GCSE's severely disadvantage my uni applications. thanks In advance.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Your GCSES will hold you back definitely for the likes of Oxbridge, LSE, UCL, Kings, Durham (as all look for relatively high GCSE performances). However, if you are able to get AAAB at AS Level you will be in a very solid position, able to secure offers from Exeter, Manchester, Leeds, Liverpool, York, Warwick and potentially Bristol (the latter is dependent on a relatively good LNAT score). All in all do not fret as your chances of getting into a RG are not over, but are dependent on solid AS grades. I wish you all the best.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending