Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    ppl always say drama or theatre or cooking but whats ure opinion?

ReputationRep:
    hmmm..Spanish coz its my mother tounge :P

ReputationRep:
    I would find Cooking very difficult and I know many who would very Theatre studies very hard as well.

ReputationRep:
    further maths

:: it's all opinionated. there is no easiest alevel, e.g. i would probably find media studies harder than maths.

ReputationRep:
    I couldn't say, because I don't have experience of all of them..

I'm at AS level right now, and of my subjects, English Language and Media Studies are the ones I find easiest.

ReputationRep:
    Noone can say what the easiest A level is, it all depends on how each individual copes with the work. For example, I found maths quite easy, but I know an awful lot of people found it really difficult, and I'm terrible at drama so I'd find theatre studies really hard

ReputationRep:
    general studies is the easiest 4 me, i also like the fact i didnt have to go to any lessons!
    drama is very hard - the workload was the worst out of all my subjects (the rest were academic)

ReputationRep:
    Personally, i find business easiest, but thats just because i'm best at it.
    Although not even doing media, i've looked at exams and coursework and stuff for it, and i could do that no probs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    further maths
    yeah, i only do single maths, but have to say that maths is probably the easiest alevel, especially the AS, when i look back at it, but, i agree its all subjective, it all depends on how good you are in comparison to everyone else who does the exam.

ReputationRep:
    I found ICT the easiest, got full marks on 3/4 papers with no revision at all. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    The easiest subject is Mathematics - 90% of candidates attain grade A at A-Level. Most of whom are only doing the subjects as they are incapable of expressing themselves and would achieve low marks in other subjects.

ReputationRep:
    for me it was sociology, no revisionbut full marks for AS

it's entirely subjective though, someone who is great at essay based subjects will obviously find them easier than maths, and a math's student may find essay based subjects much harder.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by criscros)
    The easiest subject is Mathematics - 90% of candidates attain grade A at A-Level. Most of whom are only doing the subjects as they are incapable of expressing themselves and would achieve low marks in other subjects.
    surely thats got to be wrong! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Just because a lot of people do well in it doesn't mean it's easy!

And I doubt 90% get an A, do you have a source?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
    Just because a lot of people do well in it doesn't mean it's easy!

And I doubt 90% get an A, do you have a source?
    I thought that it was about 40%. There were some tables of the grades in different subjects on the guardian website.

ReputationRep:
    What you would find with Maths is that the students who actually do Maths tedn to be rather goos at it. Maths isn't like Economics or English, it's not a "filler" A-Level, you do it because you have a natural flair for the subject, and therefore do well at it.

And its probable around 30% A, certainly not 90% nationwide!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BazTheMoney)
    What you would find with Maths is that the students who actually do Maths tedn to be rather goos at it. Maths isn't like Economics or English, it's not a "filler" A-Level, you do it because you have a natural flair for the subject, and therefore do well at it.

That's why the number of As/Bs in Maths is higher than that of Media Studies - people pick Media Studies because they think it is easy and as a "filler" subject, as you say.

No one in their right mind would do A-level Maths if they didn't have a natural flair for it.

ReputationRep:
    As I did AVCE I can't really comment but I found AS Business Studies much easier than GCSE maths.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BazTheMoney)

****! People have a flair for English and Economics as well- around 60/70 % of all candidates achieve grade A in those subjects. In my opinion, it is subjects such as Business and Media which are the most difficult as they require students to multitask. Only around 10% of students attain grade A in these subjects. As the standard is higher with fewer weak students it is more difficult to attain those sought after A-E grades.

ReputationRep:
    ****!...
    There's no need for that.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.