Sheffield Hallam.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by criscros)
    Mathematical subjects?
    What about them?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fishpaste)
    Sheffield Hallam.
    Do you mean it has 63 subjects rated excellent?

ReputationRep:
    No. I mean it's in the 63rd slot.

ReputationRep:
    Several of Lincoln's courses are rated excellent. It is only a backup. And Sheffield Hallam has easily established itself as a top 20 uni.
    haha top 20? you're having a laugh arn't you? Lincoin is always in the 80-100 and yes I am sure it does have some good subjects all universities do.

Shefield Harlum is good but its never going to scare the real university of the same name.

ReputationRep:
    And you think you can pass A level maths? Even Oxford probably dosn't have that many subjects rated exellent

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zapsta)
    What about them?
    You said they were easy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amazingtrade)
    And you think you can pass A level maths? Even Oxford probably dosn't have that many subjects rated exellent
    Don't feed the troll!

ReputationRep:
    You said they were easy.
    Well they are.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fishpaste)
    No. I mean it's in the 63rd slot.
    I can't believe that. There must have been a typo on their website.

ReputationRep:
    I can't believe that. There must have been a typo on their website.
    Probably.

ReputationRep:
    criscross i dont think you realise how amusing you are?!? lincoln and sheffield hallam some of the "best unis in the country" - if you think that then youll be very disappointed when you get there! if you seriously think you are going to get all A grades in the summer, you might as well withdraw your application and apply to oxbridge next year!!?! but if i were you, if you only got 9 passes ranging from Ds, then dont get to overconfident for the summer results... nothing worse than feeling you shouldve done better. prepare for the worst and hope for the best.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fifi53)
    criscross i dont think you realise how amusing you are?!? lincoln and sheffield hallam some of the "best unis in the country" - if you think that then youll be very disappointed when you get there! if you seriously think you are going to get all A grades in the summer, you might as well withdraw your application and apply to oxbridge next year!!?! but if i were you, if you only got 9 passes ranging from Ds, then dont get to overconfident for the summer results... nothing worse than feeling you shouldve done better. prepare for the worst and hope for the best.
    Thanks for the advice. I got IC, 8D's and a U at GCSE which is why I'm not applying to Oxford. They would surely accept me on the basis of my personality, sporting achievements and A- Levels.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the advice. I got IC, 8D's and a U at GCSE which is why I'm not applying to Oxford. They would surely accept me on the basis of my personality, sporting achievements and A- Levels.
    Bit of a contradiction, you say you didn't apply because your GCSE's weren't good enough yet you then say that you could "surely" be accepted based on other things. Just to point out, its academic ability and potential that they are looking for. The rest are just formalities of the admissions process.

ReputationRep:
    They would surely accept me on the basis of my personality, .
    not if you say stuff like that!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Goldfish_Wins)
    Bit of a contradiction, you say you didn't apply because your GCSE's weren't good enough yet you then say that you could "surely" be accepted based on other things. Just to point out, its academic ability and potential that they are looking for. The rest are just formalities of the admissions process.
    I would probably not fulfil GCSE criteria but with 6A's this summer then I would show them what i am made of.

ReputationRep:
    Just to point out, getting to Oxford isn't a personality, sporting, singing, dancing, stripping contest.

It's about academic ability and potential.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Goldfish_Wins)
    Just to point out, getting to Oxford isn't a personality, sporting, singing, dancing, stripping contest.

It's about academic ability and potential.
    I can fulfil your requirements too baby.

ReputationRep:
    business studies cos even if u don't revise for the tests...it just needs commen sense in the end and that depends on the person sitting the test.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.