How to revise biology at uni?! Watch

guitardad
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
There's so much detail, I don't really know what to revise or how to remember it all. Any tips?

Thanks!
Mimir
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Look at the handbook you were given - each module should have a list of intended learning objectives, make sure you can fulfil these. Look at past papers. Practice. You can't learn absolutely everything, it's so vast. If you've been to the lectures, make sure you've done the background reading they suggest. Make your revision notes short, they don't need to be perfect and pretty, it's too late to do that now - make them functional and get learning.
guitardad
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by Mimir)
Look at the handbook you were given - each module should have a list of intended learning objectives, make sure you can fulfil these. Look at past papers. Practice. You can't learn absolutely everything, it's so vast. If you've been to the lectures, make sure you've done the background reading they suggest. Make your revision notes short, they don't need to be perfect and pretty, it's too late to do that now - make them functional and get learning.
thanks I'll try that (:
Foxybo
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
If you forget anything, or missed something out of your revision notes, there are lots of biology revision sites like http://www.mrothery.co.uk/
I just work my way through them and make sure I at least have some idea what they're going on about.
I've also got the a level biology app from playstore, it's good for when I'm in the car (going somewhere) and is a break from reading notes and textbooks (and websites). It's not from AQA but it's good, has lodes on it, and it's free. Have fun
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Birkbeck, University of London
    Undergraduate Open Day - Startford Undergraduate
    Thu, 21 Mar '19
  • University of Wolverhampton
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 21 Mar '19
  • Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Fri, 22 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (73)
15.97%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (46)
10.07%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (88)
19.26%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (64)
14%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (48)
10.5%
How can I be the best version of myself? (138)
30.2%

Watched Threads