Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I read somewhere that using white eyeliner on the bottom of your eye (on the inside) makes your eyes look bigger! i've just tried it and jus makes me look rly strange-looking! :confused: does anyone do this, and still manage to look normal?

ReputationRep:
    you can get the same 'eye brightening and widening' effect, without looking like you have weird sleep in your eyes, by using a nude eye pencil.

ReputationRep:
    wouldn't a nude eye pencil just not show up?:confused:

ReputationRep:
    I use white kohl pencil on the bottom inside - and black kohl on the bottom outside (if that makes sense?)
    Makes my eyes look much more wider and awake.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miss_W)
    I use white kohl pencil on the bottom inside - and black kohl on the bottom outside (if that makes sense?)
    Good idea! I will try that tomorrow

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sak-y)
    wouldn't a nude eye pencil just not show up?:confused:
    exactly. Concealer shouldn't show up, yet it still does the job. Same principle. It brightens and widens without being obvious. Bobbi Brown swears by the technique, so if it's good enough for Bobbi.....

ReputationRep:
    I've tried it before, even with black eyeliner like someone above suggested but on me it looks absolutely crap and a bit alien-like!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miss_W)
    If you have any pictures of your eyes like that, can you post it so i can see what it looks like?

ReputationRep:
    wow white eyeliner, i'd love a girl for being risque enough to actually try that (everyone uses black innit) dont know if thats the effect you were goin for but what the hey

ReputationRep:
    Hey,
    I think you can use black eyeliner to make your eye look bigger as well, just experiment and see what widens your eyes depending on where you use it. Don't just draw like a ring around your eye but contour it if that makes sense :P:
    anyway goodluck xxxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sak-y)
    If you have any pictures of your eyes like that, can you post it so i can see what it looks like?
    I have PM'ed you.

ReputationRep:
    I think tho I'm not sure if you put the white on the inside corner of you eye it's mena widen it without you looking strange. lol.

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone see that program on T4 today about fashion? I noticed that Mischa barton was wearing white eyeliner, it looked horrible! She looked a bit like she was on drugs or something.

ReputationRep:
    I wonder how much people are putting on for them to be looking strange?

I have never had any strange looks and I have worn white eyeliner for years!

ReputationRep:
    ^^ yeah, mischa barton had a lot on. A LOT.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cessie)
    I think tho I'm not sure if you put the white on the inside corner of you eye it's mena widen it without you looking strange. lol.
    Yeah, the inside corner, but make sure its a soft kohl (mine has a slight shimmer too, which softens the look) so that it doesn't look harsh, and blend it well at the edges.

ReputationRep:
    I use it and generally manage to look normal-i tend to just use one layer on most of the tear line and then do it a bit darker in the outside corner and do a bit along my upper tear line to open out the corner of my eyes. Where you wear it depends on what shape your eyes are and what your 'problem areas' are.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.