The Student Room Group

We had sex and now he's ignoring me.

I was dating this guy since the end of September, the chemistry was great and we always had a really good time when we were together. He seemed really into me and was a total gentleman, taking me out on great dates and was really open about his past, his family and his life and seemed really interested in me as a person. He's invited me to his house for dinner with his brother and to a gig with some of his friends as well.

Last Wednesday we went on a date which ended in sex. The sex was quite awkward and wasn't exactly the best I've ever had, and I was quite disappointed. We cuddled for about 2 minutes after and then he wanted to go to sleep, which annoyed me because he's such a cuddly person outside of the bedroom but apparently 'can't sleep if someone is touching him'.

After I left his place on Thursday morning he texted me about an hour later and then followed up again when I didn't reply. We were texting back and forth until yesterday when he just stopped replying. It's now been over 24 hours since we last spoke. He's never been the biggest texter in the world but I can see him on WhatsApp and he's just ignoring me! I'm now freaking out that he has lost interest because the sex was bad or that he's second guessing whether he likes me or not. Please help :frown:

Scroll to see replies

Either the sex was bad or you ignored him initially or you got used which happens a lot to girls...

Lol I wouldn't hold my breath
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
I was dating this guy since the end of September, the chemistry was great and we always had a really good time when we were together. He seemed really into me and was a total gentleman, taking me out on great dates and was really open about his past, his family and his life and seemed really interested in me as a person. He's invited me to his house for dinner with his brother and to a gig with some of his friends as well.

Last Wednesday we went on a date which ended in sex. The sex was quite awkward and wasn't exactly the best I've ever had, and I was quite disappointed. We cuddled for about 2 minutes after and then he wanted to go to sleep, which annoyed me because he's such a cuddly person outside of the bedroom but apparently 'can't sleep if someone is touching him'.

After I left his place on Thursday morning he texted me about an hour later and then followed up again when I didn't reply. We were texting back and forth until yesterday when he just stopped replying. It's now been over 24 hours since we last spoke. He's never been the biggest texter in the world but I can see him on WhatsApp and he's just ignoring me! I'm now freaking out that he has lost interest because the sex was bad or that he's second guessing whether he likes me or not. Please help :frown:

He's gone "no contact", google it.
Just ask him.
I get he's not replying to you or texting you at all right now.
But just drop the question in a text, ask if there's some kind of problem or whatever.

Wait for the reply, but don't pause your life.
Guys can be *******s sometimes, and sometimes they do silly things, but sometimes they just can't find a way of communicating.
I reckon he's embarrassed because the sex was really awkward.
he probably isn't that experienced in the bedroom, just show him and tell him you not bothered so he can relax. If I know guys he probably doesn't think he is worthy enough.
Contemplating the matter to a great extent OP..
How old are you both just wondered. I dunno what to suggest maybe he felt like you didn't enjoy it and is therefore embarrassed maybe he just wanted to sleep with you and was stringing you along, although it doesn't sound like it.
It seems like he's embarrassed.

If so, just talk to him and tell him that you don't mind too much, and go from there.
Reply 9
why was it bad? give us details.
(edited 9 years ago)
Basically, neither of us expected to be having sex that night, so I was a bit embarrassed at the fact my underwear didn't match and my legs were a bit stubbly! I didn't feel particularly sexy, and then he was a bit too large to get it in so we had to stop and I went down on him which he seemed to really enjoy. We then had sex again and he came in about 30 seconds.

It was probably some of the worst sex I've ever had in my life and afterwards I was just like 'Don't worry, its usually awkward the first time with a new person'. To which he was sarcastically like 'Thanks'. I was talking about both of us being awkward, though! He is a very very sensitive person. He seemed fine the next morning though and was talking about the next time and me inviting him over to mine etc and then as I said he texted me almost immediately after. He was fine until Saturday night... that's when he started blanking me.

He has actually sent me a text now, last night, but it was very distant and sounded like he couldn't be arsed. It took him over 24 hours to get back to me. I really want to ask whats wrong but I don't know how to do it without sounding needy.
Yeah blatantly hurt his feelings/ego by saying it was awkward. How old are you both just wondered. Also you should compliment him on his size to make him feel better or something haha
We're pretty old! 26 and 28.
Reply 13
did you not bleach your *******? some guys like a white ass
He got exactly what he wanted, now he has no use for you...
Do you guys think I should ask if something is wrong?
Original post by Anonymous
This is why I do NOT **** WITH GUYS... they r effing stupid... maybe the sex was bad, maybe he regrets it, maybe he is going through a difficult situation.. ya never know... guys are difficult to understand sometimes... but I know you love him but just do not waste your time...

Don't generalise we are not stupid at all, in fact this thread shows were smart and cunning
Reply 17
what if you have sex again with him and he flops again?
she likes the guy
why are you all putting so much emphasis onto sex? making out like its not going to work because he "flopped"
it's not the be all and end all of the relationship
Give him some space, then ask him if everything is okay after a few days

Quick Reply