The Student Room Group

How do you personally prepare for an exam?

Personally I study very hard but just as important for me as doing well is trying to stop others from doing well. So I guess I view all other people taking that exam as almost so many pieces of trash to be taken out of the equation, by sabotage. It sounds ruthless but I know that I might well one day be competing with that person in the career market and so I would like to knock as many of them out of the game now as possible.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I try my best. It's all one can do I suppose. And if that's not good enough, people can **** off. Still, they are not better than me.
Reply 2
Original post by Sophie-X
I try my best. It's all one can do I suppose. And if that's not good enough, people can **** off. Still, they are not better than me.

Do you enjoy exams or feel them a burden?
Original post by ratllesnake
Personally I study very hard but just as important for me as doing well is trying to stop others from doing well. So I guess I view all other people taking that exam as almost so many pieces of trash to be taken out of the equation, by sabotage. It sounds ruthless but I know that I might well one day be competing with that person in the career market and so I would like to knock as many of them out of the game now as possible.

​Pathetic.
Read the lecture notes to remind myself of the content, then do the worksheets again if I can be bothered, or at least the harder questions. Finally I do all the past papers, reading up on everything I don't know. Initially this means reading up on every question but by the end I can normally do the entire paper without needing help. This worked really well for me, at least.
Reply 5
Original post by H.Ibrahim
​Pathetic.

It is called being a realist. Me and you could be competing for the same career, so in an exam situation you can expect absolutely no mercy. I try to make sure when I sabotage though that they do not see it coming.
Reply 6
Original post by Manitude
Read the lecture notes to remind myself of the content, then do the worksheets again if I can be bothered, or at least the harder questions. Finally I do all the past papers, reading up on everything I don't know. Initially this means reading up on every question but by the end I can normally do the entire paper without needing help. This worked really well for me, at least.

Industrious indeed, sounds impressive.
Reply 7
Do you enjoy exams or feel them a burden?

Well, my feeling them a burden depends entirely on the exam. Some exams I like, others not so much. I'd been revising for one exam last year, when after three days, I hadn't learnt anything at all. On the contrary, I'm able to digest information for some exams very quickly as was the case this week actually.

Not really helping in the advancement of humankind are you?
Reply 9
Original post by morgan8002
Not really helping in the advancement of humankind are you?

On the contrary I am an egalitarian. I do not care what gender, ethnicity, religion etc, I view anyone I am taking the same exam as a piece of trash to be removed as efficiently as possible. I will do my utmost if I am taking the same exam as you to undermine you and I will operate with zero compunction. It is perfectly legitimate tactic and means I possess a long term view of things.
On the contrary I am an egalitarian. I do not care what gender, ethnicity, religion etc, I view anyone I am taking the same exam as a piece of trash to be removed as efficiently as possible. I will do my utmost if I am taking the same exam as you to undermine you and I will operate with zero compunction. It is perfectly legitimate tactic and means I possess a long term view of things.

You seem to have misunderstood what egalitarianism is. As per wikipedia's definition:

It is defined either as a political doctrine that all people should be treated as equals and have the same political, economic, social, and civil rights.

Your thoughts don't exactly conform to this definition, though I could be mistaken.
Reply 11
Original post by Sophie-X
You seem to have misunderstood what egalitarianism is. As per wikipedia's definition:

It is defined either as a political doctrine that all people should be treated as equals and have the same political, economic, social, and civil rights.

Your thoughts don't exactly conform to this definition, though I could be mistaken.

I treat people equally in this regard. If I am sitting an exam and a female is also sitting the exam I will do my best to take her out of the equation. Likewise to a male. I want to get to the top, if I have to stand on everyone else's skulls to get there, so be it.

Wow it's your first day on this site. It isn't really a long term tactic because you are pushing others down to suit your own ends.
Reply 13
Wow it's your first day on this site. It isn't really a long term tactic because you are pushing others down to suit your own ends.

That suits me fine and dandy. How can someone compete with me for a career if they have failed because they have been sabotaged? They cannot. Like I said everyone else is a piece of trash to be removed as quick, efficiently and ruthlessly as possible.
That suits me fine and dandy. How can someone compete with me for a career if they have failed because they have been sabotaged? They cannot. Like I said everyone else is a piece of trash to be removed as quick, efficiently and ruthlessly as possible.

What about the feeling of pride that you get by achieving something legitimately?
Cry.. a lot.
Reply 16
What about the feeling of pride that you get by achieving something legitimately?

This is perfectly legitimate. I study very hard as well, however there is nothing wrong with taking out the competition.
This is perfectly legitimate. I study very hard as well, however there is nothing wrong with taking out the competition.

While it seems there is nothing I can say to make you see sense, you may find it difficult to sabotage the hundreds of thousands of people that will take exams alongside you.
Reply 18
While it seems there is nothing I can say to make you see sense, you may find it difficult to sabotage the hundreds of thousands of people that will take exams alongside you.

I take as many out as I can. When I prepare for an exam, I view everyone taking that exam as pieces of trash and vermin to be removed. Therefore it is logical to destroy as much of the opposition as possible.
It is called being a realist. Me and you could be competing for the same career, so in an exam situation you can expect absolutely no mercy. I try to make sure when I sabotage though that they do not see it coming.

10/10 troll

If you're serious, and genuinely think that by ruining a couple of people's chances is going to increase your chances, you probably don't understand how education and the job market works as a while.

So how do you go about your sabotage? Burn their study books or something baha

Quick Reply

Latest