The Student Room Group

Maastricht University Applicants for 2015/2016

Helloo, if you have any questions regarding the application process, the University, etc. please feel free to post here. Also, if you are planning to apply or have already applied, also please post here.
Here we can all share the experience/stress of applying, interview, etc. and also possibly we might make new friends who we will meet next year in Maastricht :smile:

I'll go first :eek: I'm Duds and I've applied for the liberal arts and sciences programme at UCM :smile: Looking forward to meeting all of you!

Scroll to see replies

Hello everyone! I'm from the UK and I've applied for Maastricht Science Programme :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Helloo guys! My name is Augustina, I live in the UK, and I have applied to Maastricht university for European Law.
I got an interview!! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by newrecord

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well done!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi all! Joined TSR ages ago but still not really sure how it works ahaaa, but I'm from the UK, applying for UCM for September 2015 entry, just have to finish off my letter of motivation!
Hi all,
I'm Mia from the UK and I have a conditional offer to study Arts and Culture at Maastricht next September :smile:
Thinking of also applying for European studies as I love both of the courses!
Hi guys, I received an e-mail saying that I am in principle eligeble for the course, and that the faculty will send me the matching questionnaire in due time, does anyone knows what this means, when I will receive the questionnaire and what does it entail. Sorry too many questions Lol. Thanks guys
Original post by duds5
Helloo, if you have any questions regarding the application process, the University, etc. please feel free to post here. Also, if you are planning to apply or have already applied, also please post here.
Here we can all share the experience/stress of applying, interview, etc. and also possibly we might make new friends who we will meet next year in Maastricht :smile:

I'll go first :eek: I'm Duds and I've applied for the liberal arts and sciences programme at UCM :smile: Looking forward to meeting all of you!

hi I am applying for Psychology at Maastricht University , I'm doing the IB programme and I'm so scared I won't have enough IB points for this UNI :confused::confused:
Reply 9
Hey everyone (; applying for Business Economics here. Can I ask how long did you wait till getting back from MyUM after applying?

I've uploaded ID with picture and transcript and on Studielink all I got was an e-mail saying
" DUO has determined that your previous education may not be sufficient for the study programme mentioned below. You will receive further information from DUO."
I know I should get more info soon, but I'm wondering if any of you got a similar message before? I only gave them a transpcript of my grades from last year since I'm finishing secondary education next year, which I had mentioned on Studielink and which is said to be an equivalent document to apply.

Other than that, I keep my fingers crossed for all of you guys. Good luck with your applications :tongue:
Reply 10
Original post by newrecord

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's great! :smile: Glad for you! How long would you say it took for you to hear back from them about the interview from the time you submitted everything into MyUM? Hahahaa I'm getting anxious as I haven't heard back yet :eek:
Reply 11
Original post by emilyfranbo
Hi all! Joined TSR ages ago but still not really sure how it works ahaaa, but I'm from the UK, applying for UCM for September 2015 entry, just have to finish off my letter of motivation!

Hellooo :smile: Good luck with that! Let us know when you hear anything back hahaa :P
Reply 12
Original post by miacooper
Hi all,
I'm Mia from the UK and I have a conditional offer to study Arts and Culture at Maastricht next September :smile:
Thinking of also applying for European studies as I love both of the courses!

Hi Mia :smile: That's great about your offer! I take it you're going to accept it then? (or the European studies if you change your mind) :P
Reply 13
Original post by Augustina94
Hi guys, I received an e-mail saying that I am in principle eligeble for the course, and that the faculty will send me the matching questionnaire in due time, does anyone knows what this means, when I will receive the questionnaire and what does it entail. Sorry too many questions Lol. Thanks guys

Helloo! That's great, that means that you've passed the educational requirements, and that now the next step is what they call matching at Maastricht Uni. Basically, matching is just the process of assessing whether your personality and interests matches with the course you are applying for. It takes the form of either an interview or a questionnaire, depending on the programme.

So, in your case, it happens to be the questionnaire :smile: Unfortunately, I do not know when you can expect to receive it or what exactly it entails, but I believe there are some other threads on here that talk about it a bit :smile:

What course are you applying for? :P
Reply 14
Original post by paciora
Hey everyone (; applying for Business Economics here. Can I ask how long did you wait till getting back from MyUM after applying?

I've uploaded ID with picture and transcript and on Studielink all I got was an e-mail saying
" DUO has determined that your previous education may not be sufficient for the study programme mentioned below. You will receive further information from DUO."
I know I should get more info soon, but I'm wondering if any of you got a similar message before? I only gave them a transpcript of my grades from last year since I'm finishing secondary education next year, which I had mentioned on Studielink and which is said to be an equivalent document to apply.

Other than that, I keep my fingers crossed for all of you guys. Good luck with your applications :tongue:

Helloo, I take it your programme has draw selection? Are you in A-levels or another programme which has predicted grades? Have you thought about sending them your predicted grades for your full diploma? Maybe that will be more sufficient in giving them an idea about your academic level and etc. and also that you are expected to attain the full diploma soon :smile:
Reply 15
Original post by Chairenerose
hi I am applying for Psychology at Maastricht University , I'm doing the IB programme and I'm so scared I won't have enough IB points for this UNI :confused::confused:

Helloo just do the best you can, love :smile: Dutch unis are usually quite lenient on entry requirements, so you should be fine :smile: I'm not sure what they want for IB, but it should be around just a pass :smile: All the best to you and good luck!
Reply 16
omg guys i just realised the long list of posts I just did :eek: So sorry! And Merry Christmas! :smile:
Original post by duds5
Helloo! That's great, that means that you've passed the educational requirements, and that now the next step is what they call matching at Maastricht Uni. Basically, matching is just the process of assessing whether your personality and interests matches with the course you are applying for. It takes the form of either an interview or a questionnaire, depending on the programme.

So, in your case, it happens to be the questionnaire :smile: Unfortunately, I do not know when you can expect to receive it or what exactly it entails, but I believe there are some other threads on here that talk about it a bit :smile:

What course are you applying for? :P

Thanks 😉 I applied for European Law English track, I received the e-mail and now I am waiting for the feedback
Reply 18
Original post by duds5
omg guys i just realised the long list of posts I just did :eek: So sorry! And Merry Christmas! :smile:

The posts are very much helpful, so there's nothing bad about that :P

I'm not taking A-levels, it's a polish equivalent program called Matura, but there is no such thing as predicted grades. Although I might consider taking some document from school with my scores on trial exams last month.. this might do the job. But still it's odd because I don't really know what I'm expected to send. Hopefully I'll be given some more info soon.

++
I found this:
Important: besides the copy of this Polish diploma you have to send DUO
an statement of admission of the Board of Directors of the intended Dutch
Hogeschool/University

Now help me guys, sorry for my lack of understanding. Do I need a document from my school allowing me to apply for Maastricht?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 19
When is the deadline for applying to Holland uni's for Sept 2015?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending