Turn on thread page Beta

Muslims are the new jews... watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juicy Fruit)
    I didn't claim anything, I merely suggested that it might've helped. And I'm talking about prior to the Holocaust - since Jews have apparently been persecuted since the dawn of time.
    As you know precisely 0 about the history of the Jews and the persecution of them as a group, and their response, your suggestions as to their best course of action is worth about the same... namely 0.

As for the first part of your post, I genuinely cannot remember that, probably because I have more important things going on in my life than you do. It's actually quite sad that you remember all that. Oh well.
    Since I have a career, and work about 6 days a week, am getting married and generally have very few free hours in a day, I doubt you have more important things to do as some teenager about to start uni ...

Maybe I just have a better memory than you. Maybe you just call too many people racist without basis so that my example blurs into the group?

Maybe you should think before you speak?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lawz-)
    As you know precisely 0 about the history of the Jews and the persecution of them as a group, and their response, your suggestions as to their best course of action is worth about the same... namely 0.

Since I have a career, and work about 6 days a week, am getting married and generally have very few free hours in a day, I doubt you have more important things to do as some teenager about to start uni ...

Maybe I just have a better memory than you. Maybe you just call too many people racist without basis so that my example blurs into the group?

Maybe you should think before you speak?
    Hahaha. Maybe you shouldn't reveal your acknowledgement of the truth in my previous post by trying to back yourself up with an explanation.

ReputationRep:
    I was merely making an observation.

I'm not from Palestine actually. I'm from the UK, I was born here, and ethnically my mother is Irish and my father is Iraqi. Not that it has anything to do with you. And I don't like 'American rock and roll' - I like metal, and some general rock. And whilst metal did descend from 'American rock and roll', I like to make the distinction since metal is quite different from it.

And even if I was from Palestine, why would my musical preferences actually matter?
    Oh, snap, I hit the "metal" nerve. Some one get this girl some WD40.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rusty33)
    Oh, snap, I hit the "metal" nerve. Some one get this girl some WD40.
    Nope, no nerve was hit I assure you. But if believing that makes you feel more important then by all means, continue to. I'm not in the business of making people face up to the realities of their own shortcomings, I have more important things to do with my time.

Ta ta.

ReputationRep:
    my mother is Irish and my father is Iraqi.
    Christ, you're no stranger to blowing stuff up, are you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DanGrover)
    Christ, you're no stranger to blowing stuff up, are you?
    :toofunny:

ReputationRep:
    I have more important things to do with my time.

Ta ta.
    Sure you do ... the deftones and calling people racist... you're right - your time is indeed valuable.

ReputationRep:
    Regarding the thing about Americans not knowing what year 11/9 was, look at the sample space. Tiny. That means the results are scarcely representative of a county, let alone a state or country.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lawz-)
    Why should HE feel anything like embarassment?

Are you embarassed at the literacy rate of Muslims? Do you think Muslims should be?
    Because he is apparently on here defending the general mood of his country - and apaprently most Muslims thin of Sept11th when they hear the word Muslim so I think its only fair that they can remember a massivley important fact liek the date - hell even I feel embarassed.

No, the literacy rate probably has nothing to do with religion but the way those countries are run - it might be poor in poor countries - the adult literacy rate in the UK is also fairly poor - are you embarassed?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -1984-)
    No offence to Muslims, but I think that the statement 'Muslims are the new Jews' is an insult towards Jews. I am not an historian, but I have read and studied a number of books about Jewish persecution throughout European history, and I can assure you that the European Jewish population did not go on mass protests and riots when they were criticized by the Christian majority. They also did not vandalise Churches, or murder nuns. Not to mention the fact that comparing the level of persecution faced by Jews in the past 1950AD-100AD to the level of persecution faced by Muslims in contemporary society is like comparing World War II with the Falklands War.
    Speaking as a muslim I sort of agree.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jojo72)
    most Muslims thin of Sept11th when they hear the word Muslim
    Huh?

so I think its only fair that they can remember a massivley important fact liek the date - hell even I feel embarassed.
    You feel embarassed because other people are stupid? How odd.

No, the literacy rate probably has nothing to do with religion
    Who said it did?

but the way those countries are run - it might be poor in poor countries
    Im not talking about Muslim countries - what about Muslims in the UK?

the adult literacy rate in the UK is also fairly poor - are you embarassed?
    Well I'm not from the UK - so no. And even if I was why should I be - I dont feel shame for what other people do or say ... is there a reason I should?

ReputationRep:
    Your statement made it sound like you were asking if I cared about the low rate of literacy among Muslims in the world..

I couldn't care less about low literacy rates in the UK for muslims and non.

I do care about a large chunk of Americans not knowing the date when their so called super intelligence and defences couldn't spot a terrorist attack in their county and then went and started causing trouble all over the world because of 'pride'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lawz-)
    Say what little girl?

Look - if you feel like backing up the assertion that I am racist - please - go right ahead. I can guess however that you wont, becuase you cant. And to claim that you can't recall it is utter crap. Unless youre brain damaged - which is entirely possible.
    Hahaha. You should know that feeble attempts to patronise me based on my age, do not work. I carry no insecurities whatsoever regarding it, and I have no reason to either.

Regarding my allegations of racism against you, since that was several months ago, I think you should let sleeping dogs lie. To be honest I can't even remember why I said it, although I do remember that I had just cause.

And no, my brain is fully intact, but it's sweet that you're showing concern.

ReputationRep:
    Your statement made it sound like you were asking if I cared about the low rate of literacy among Muslims in the world..
    No ... You asked him if he was embarassed by the idiocy of some of his fellow Americans... My point was, if one should feel embarassed by the actions of others merely because you were born on the same landmass, then surely Muslims should feel embarassed about shortcomings in their own also? As an example, I gave the literacy rate among Muslims - in the UK or otherwise.

I couldn't care less about low literacy rates in the UK for muslims and non.
    Well then why should he feel shame at the level of knowledge of other americans?

I do care about a large chunk of Americans not knowing the date when their so called super intelligence and defences couldn't spot a terrorist attack in their county
    :rolleyes: "so called" "super intelligence" - you're not trying to hide the bias are you?

What possible relevance does the shortcomings of the CIA or the NSA have here?

and then went and started causing trouble all over the world because of 'pride'.
    As if that's what actually happened... support the Iraqi war, dont suport the Iraqi war - fine. But to characterise the US response to 9/11 as "causing global problems for pride" is rather simplistic and misconceived.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lawz-)

:rolleyes: "so called" "super intelligence" - you're not trying to hide the bias are you?
    I think our bias is all too pretty clear - yours, mine and old Rusty's.

ReputationRep:
    Ahem. My orginal post was no bias at all. It was common sense, and it was a notion that you can not refute. Plain and simple. What may have spurred may have bias, but then again, your reply didn't pertain to my original post, either.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Totenkopf)
    Sorry, mate. You're absolutely wrong. Practising Muslims believe in what's written in the Quran and live by it.
    Surely all Muslims would share the same religious beliefs then and either all Muslims would wage a war on the West or none would? Somewhere along the line interpretations of Islam differ, so surely not everyone can be interpreting the Koran literally, or if they are, they're interpreting it in wildly different ways?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wez)
    Surely all Muslims would share the same religious beliefs then and either all Muslims would wage a war on the West or none would? Somewhere along the line interpretations of Islam differ, so surely not everyone can be interpreting the Koran literally, or if they are, they're interpreting it in wildly different ways?
    Your correct - it varies wildly.

ReputationRep:
    I think our bias is all too pretty clear - yours, mine and old Rusty's.
    Tell me then - what is my bias and what makes it so obvious?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lawz-)
    Tell me then - what is my bias and what makes it so obvious?
    Are you kidding me? You only have to look at some of the threads you have started and posted in - its all to clear.

Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.