Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jojo72)
    Are you kidding me? You only have to look at some of the threads you have started and posted in - its all to clear.
    No - seriously - answer the question - what is my bias (in the sense of my being unjustifiablly in favour of one side of a debate) and what is the basis for the claim

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wez)
    Surely all Muslims would share the same religious beliefs then and either all Muslims would wage a war on the West or none would? Somewhere along the line interpretations of Islam differ, so surely not everyone can be interpreting the Koran literally, or if they are, they're interpreting it in wildly different ways?
    I don't think that was his point. I think he said he didn't believe all people believed what their holy books said. The thing is, basically, you're not a Muslim if you don't believe in the Quran.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lawz-)
    No - seriously - answer the question - what is my bias (in the sense of my being unjustifiablly in favour of one side of a debate) and what is the basis for the claim
    In a nutshell: you don't like Muslims.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Totenkopf)
    In a nutshell: you don't like Muslims.
    I dont like Illiberal belief systems that call for the death of homosexuals and apostates ... no ... correct. I dont like it in any religion or bigoted belief system. I make that very clear.

Do you?

Are you saying that anyone who dislikes such moral beliefs is "biased"?

On that basis to have any view on anything is to make oneself biased - if one doesnt like mureder, one is "biased" when discussing it?

Biased implies an illogical position against something regardless of the facts - please point out an instance of that in my posts as regards Islam?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lawz-)
    I dont like Illiberal belief systems that call for the death of homosexuals and apostates ... no ... correct. I dont like it in any religion or bigoted belief system. I make that very clear.

Do you?

On that basis to have any view on anything is to make oneself biased - if one doesnt like mureder, one is "biased" when discussing it?

Biased implies an illogical position against something regardless of the facts - please point out an instance of that in my posts as regards Islam?
    I completely agree with you Lawz. You truly are my idol in D&D lol.

Holding a view needn't be labelled as a bias, in the context of an internet forum.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lawz-)

Do you?

Its pretty clear you have a problem with Islam and that comes across fairly clearly in most of your posts. Whilst you may not be making totally irrational comments your posts are still fairly one sided and IMO you quite possibly have a clouded view.

ReputationRep:
    Its pretty clear you have a problem with Islam and that comes across fairly clearly in most of your posts. Whilst you may not be making totally irrational comments your posts are still fairly one sided and IMO you quite possibly have a clouded view.

Did you actually read his post??

ReputationRep:
    Seriously mate - read it again. It would have saved you having to bother writing that, and me responding. Bias implies an IRRATIONAL stance in the face of facts. It is not the same as taking a "side".

Would it be "Biased" against nazism to express abhorance for Hitler's views?

Come now - this is just silly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lawz-)
    Seriously mate - read it again. It would have saved you having to bother writing that, and me responding. Bias implies an IRRATIONAL stance in the face of facts. It is not the same as taking a "side".

Would it be "Biased" against nazism to express abhorance for Hitler's views?

Come now - this is just silly.
    I'll concede, bias may be a bit strong.

ReputationRep:
    I'll concede, bias may be a bit strong.
    Anyway - to clarify, I have a problem with any belief system that calls for the death of former adherents because they changed their mind. I have a problem with any belief system that is diametrically opposed to liberalism is countless ways.

This is not specific to Islam. However I post on it a lot as I think it is topical and often generates debate that interests me. Not to mention that I think the prevailing thought that Islam is misunderstood can be taken too far, and that in reality, there is much in the faith that is simply NOT compatible with liberal western society, unless interpreted in a particularly progressive way.

(Original post by Lawz-)

Do you?

Spot on son. Spot, ****ing on.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.